Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Just remember to get 'Sharp Sand' not Builders Sand :okay:

I explained to the man at the desk that it for levelling the ground for a base for a large garden cupboard/small shed. What is the difference then between sharp sand and builder's sand? Is bulders' sand for mixing to make cement that is used to build walls?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I explained to the man at the desk that it for levelling the ground for a base for a large garden cupboard/small shed. What is the difference then between sharp sand and builder's sand? Is bulders' sand for mixing to make cement that is used to build walls?
Yep, builders sand is very even in texture for making Mortar whereas 'Sharp' sand has small pebbles/stones in it so it will compact better and be more stable over time.

Mild, vaguely sunny and a touch breezy here chez casa Reynard.

Have done a load of laundry this morning, plus cut up fruit for an orange and apple marmalade (it's a Marguerite Patten wartime recipe that's piqued my curiosity), booked an MOT test for the car, did some general puttering around and found time to work on my new writing project.

This afternoon I intend on making a pot of minestrone soup.

Schrodie has gone to his new home with my daughter . I'm going to miss him ! :sad:

Oh noes!!! They do leave pawprints on your heart. :hugs:

You do know the solution to this problem, don't you? :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Webuyanycat.com

You do know that website exists, don't you: http://www.webuyanycat.com/

Mild, vaguely sunny and a touch breezy here chez casa Reynard.

Have done a load of laundry this morning, plus cut up fruit for an orange and apple marmalade (it's a Marguerite Patten wartime recipe that's piqued my curiosity),

And tasting is when ... ? :whistle:

Went to get a haircut. They've shut down. So I'll continue to look scruffy.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
You do know that website exists, don't you: http://www.webuyanycat.com/
Er, no, I didn't!:wacko:
left-main-image.png

Top Bottom