Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am watching The Rocket v The Wizard of Wishaw.

About to scoff a large plate of home made chips. :hungry:

Is that the set with the Andy Rouse Kaliber car and the Steve Soper Texaco / Eggenberger one?
No . It has a black Texaco one and a red one . I would have liked the Kaliber version .
I can remember having the set for Christmas many years ago. The kids enjoyed playing with it.
The track wasn't made very well and would have been an utter disappointment for any child if they had received it . I spent a morning sorting out the metal track fittings which didn't ! :angry: The cars went well and still do .

Snow forecast for tomorrow am
rejoice!

No . It has a black Texaco one and a red one . I would have liked the Kaliber version .
I can remember having the set for Christmas many years ago. The kids enjoyed playing with it.
The track wasn't made very well and would have been an utter disappointment for any child if they had received it . I spent a morning sorting out the metal track fittings which didn't ! :angry: The cars went well and still do .

Hmm, might have been Rob Gravett's Trackstar car instead, then... The black Texaco one will be the Steve Soper Eggenberger car. :smile:

classic33

Leg End Member
I can remember having the set* for Christmas many years ago. The kids enjoyed playing with it.
Don't throw the old track out because it's the old style connections, C8222 conversion straight or C8215 lap counter will work with both types of connections.

https://www.pendleslotracing.co.uk/scalextric-converter-straight.html

Pick-Up braids: Use coaxial cable. More precisely the outer sheath of it. A lot cheaper than a pack of braids.

*C575 by any chance

Last edited:
Top Bottom