Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm still Mr Amazon. Call last night from MIL - 'Can you get a teddy for the baby ?'

Again, which baby and why. We eventually worked this out as it being nieces daughter who will be one in a month or so ! MrsF said she'd sort it. WTF do I know about prams and teddies. The subject of prams came up at the video call with MIL on Sunday and our other niece was on it saying she want's to look at prams once the shops are open. I think MIL will be in for a shock when she sees the cost of a pram these days - I'd already warned her.

MIL also said last night, I still don't know what to get for your daughter - Rach is 18 at the end of June. MIL has suggested jewelry but we've said it's no point, she doesn't wear any and would just be left in the box. Rach has already said no to any sort of party other than a family get together which might just be possible by the end of June.

Dull, chilly and with a bit of a breeze here chez Casa Reynard.

Did a load of laundry - hadn't intended to, but spilled gravy over a (clean) tablecloth last night. Oops. And I've prepared the makings of tonight's cauliflower cheese. :hungry: And I'll be making a batch of marmalade this afternoon. ^_^

But first, lunch, methinks....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The re-organising of the lounge is progressing. It is rather like a three dimensional game of chess.:scratch:

Where the record player/cd large tower was, there is now room for all the cds together. This has given me more space where the cds were.

I have decided to start using the "best" glasses, and a two new sets of mugs. The old mugs and glasses are now all together so if anyone wants to have a party, and borrow some, they can have those. It is surprising how much less space things take up, when similar items are all together. ^_^

The ornaments from my Mother's house are now all on one tray on a shelf, so it looks less like some kind of shrine. I have lots of old cushions to get rid of, they are decades old, and rather worn out and shapeless. If i cut open the cover and it looks okayish, I might combine ones with similar fillings and sew a new outer cover.

Tis mry and dild her today, so this sartnoon, I shall be outside. Some plants need repotting, and the patio needs tidying.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Has the Dick Strawbridge 'tache made you any good at making weird and whacky stuff out of scrap? :scratch:

True story this - Dick Strawbridge was filming not a million miles away from here for his series on "Crafty Tricks of War".

He was without something he needed for that series, and went into the local (independent) Pharmacy/Beauty Salon, and asked for some bright red lipstick. No photographs are available of the suppressed laughter/smirks/or indulgent quizzical looks this may have caused. ^_^

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
It is a bit of a worry about all of the school's going back today. You would have thought that it would have been better to do it a bit at a time to see what effect it had before releasing the whole lot.
My son doesn't start back until Friday. As soon as he gets there, he's to have a lateral flow test then wait 30 minutes for the results before going to lesson or being sent home. Then two more the following week. Then we have to do them at home every week, I believe. He'll be wearing a face mask all day too, sanitising as he enters classrooms, etc. He's not bothered about all the procedures, etc., it's not worrying him. I think he's just looking forward to seeing anyone who isn't me, his mum or his sister his friends.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
The re-organising of the lounge is progressing. It is rather like a three dimensional game of chess.:scratch:
content%2Fuploads%2F2010%2F05%2Fstar-trek-3D-chess.jpg

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Three dimensional chess. Indeed.

Commander Spock on the right of shot. I've seen the episode, but can't put my finger on the name & character etc.

Spock's usual 3-D chess partner was Jim Kirk, but iirc, he sometimes played with Bones as well.
Isn’t it Charlie X? Some kind of psychic abilities (and emotional immaturity) from the aliens in the pilot episode with Captain Pike, I think.

Top Bottom