Mundane News

carpiste

Veteran
Cool! Dr Feelgood playing Herne Bay Oct 28th intimate venue.
Still one of my top 5 bands ever! I remember them as outrageous in the early 70`s while at school and still, to this day, believe they were the original punk band! Back in the day, "Back in the night" was a favourite track ^_^
That`s it, the headphones are coming out and it`s Feelgood greatest hits!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Has anybody got a really good gazpacho recipe? I went to Tesco just before closing time and bought tomatoes, red and green peppers, mint, garlic, cucumber, ground cumin, a red onion and sherry vinegar (stupidly expensive!). I've got a load of olive oil already.

There are loads of recipes out there but I need the absolute killer one. I love slicing up vegetables so I'll leave it until tomorrow but all input would be much appreciated. Ta.

Urgh, that was a hot one... Seven hour round trip and my car doesn't have air con. :heat: It was a wise thing, taking a change of clothes.

But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :sad: It never gets any easier, even after thirty years. Still feel a bit numb.

I did take my walking shoes and had a nice bimble along the the Alre and Itchen. Had planned on doing the full trail, but it was just much too hot, so found a shady spot bankside to bum park for a bit. Got to see brown trout, grayling and perch.

Anyways, I'm back safe and sound. Currently drip-feeding myself tea to rehydrate. Mind's not quite in the right place for sleep, yet.

classic33

Legendary Member
Urgh, that was a hot one... Seven hour round trip and my car doesn't have air con. :heat: It was a wise thing, taking a change of clothes.

But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :sad: It never gets any easier, even after thirty years. Still feel a bit numb.

I did take my walking shoes and had a nice bimble along the the Alre and Itchen. Had planned on doing the full trail, but it was just much too hot, so found a shady spot bankside to bum park for a bit. Got to see brown trout, grayling and perch.

Anyways, I'm back safe and sound. Currently drip-feeding myself tea to rehydrate. Mind's not quite in the right place for sleep, yet.
Didn't you wind yer windows down?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Still one of my top 5 bands ever! I remember them as outrageous in the early 70`s while at school and still, to this day, believe they were the original punk band! Back in the day, "Back in the night" was a favourite track ^_^
That`s it, the headphones are coming out and it`s Feelgood greatest hits!
I've known the 'new' guitarist for years, first saw him in about 83 with "The DT's"
Steve is a keen cyclist too (he's done LeJoG twice for charity) rides a Carlton 'fixie' and a Chas Roberts 'Audax'

View: https://youtu.be/Y-3Jl11PhIM

http://www.drfeelgood.de/stevewalwyn_2003sept_end2end.htm

Last edited:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Is Alice Cooper one of your pupils ? :whistle:
My daughter plays School's Out the second she comes home every last day of term and dances around the house. Strange really as she absolutely loves school, but then I suppose there are some things you simply have to do!

Last edited:
Top Bottom