Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Interesting [to me anyway] to watch the chaos develop outside on the street as those who have taken their cars to the games field find there is nowhere to park as they were warned and have to turn back and meet those who are determined still to go there. I notice also a strategic used of wheely bins deployed by some residents to keep their access clear.
I remember reading somewhere that the average tourist only walks 40 yards from their car.
There is also a notable lack of headwear which given the sun we currently have seems a bit daft. Lots of burned heads tonight.

It's something that I have long observed if you visit any of the tourist places or national parks etc is that you arrive and it seems ridiculously busy but if you walk more than about ten minutes in any direction from the car park, you won't see a single soul.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I've got an email telling me that I can make a claim against VW/Seat/Audi due to the emissions scandals.

That must refer to the non-turbo, distinctly non-electronic 1991 VW that I have awaiting restoration. Nice of VAG to make a contribution...
I live not far from the Rivian auto plant. That was the first thing done with the property when it was purchased from Mitsubishi, storage of VWs and Audis affected by the litigations. I do not think I have seen a Seat auto in the U.S., but it may be sold as a VW under their brand, like Skodas are.

newts

Veteran
Bollox
1626952888556.png

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I don't know what you lot are complaining about the heat for. There's a nice cooling breeze coming in off the North Sea which reaches a few miles inland where the Jenkins residence is, making it quite pleasant. Mind you I did break into a bit of a sweat pushing the mower around beheading the dandylions earlier as the back garden doesn't get much of the breeze.

Quick cuppa, pint of squash, slice of toast and off to work the long way in.

Didn't you wind yer windows down?

I did, but it was still bloody hot. And there's that fine line between getting a breeze into the car and not getting buffeted by the "dirty air" from the other traffic. Or being deafened by the noise...

Still, it was better than being on a train. :smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I don't know what you lot are complaining about the heat for. There's a nice cooling breeze coming in off the North Sea which reaches a few miles inland where the Jenkins residence is, making it quite pleasant. Mind you I did break into a bit of a sweat pushing the mower around beheading the dandylions earlier as the back garden doesn't get much of the breeze.

Quick cuppa, pint of squash, slice of toast and off to work the long way in.
It's lovely out and about in London too. Around 27C but with a pleasant dry breeze.

Top Bottom