Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There was a Grey Squirrel on our bird feeder this morning after the sunflower seed hearts. I think it must be the same one as the one on the telegraph pole the other day .

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Task of the day, find a belt to hold my work trousers up. I've lost a little weight. Needs to be found before tomorrow's commute. Just hoping my knee stops playing up.

When I lost a decent amount of weight back in 2011 I held off buying a new wardrobe until I'd hit at least my first (12st) target. It meant the suits and shirts I wore were way too baggy as they were for 'big me' (16st).

Cue the last serious meeting of the academic year with a very traditional university Dean at that time. I'm the last item on the agenda and it was an old-school 'stand up and speak' board meeting.

I stood up ... and ...

... the trousers went down :eek:

My colleagues did see the funny side as they'd seen me getting fitter and shrinking in size over the past 7 months. I'd gone from being overweight, pale and unfit to slim, fit and tanned.

By the September I had an entire new wardrobe of suits and shirts.

Oh, and the dishwasher's broken so that's a new one since it's been repaired a few times. And, I had to go to the tip since the refuse collectors missed the collection due to short-staffing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Currently hot and sunny but murky when I went out on the trike at 0630 this morning and not very warm so mid season jersey and longs with full finger gloves. Put on my rear flashing lights as well but with a dayglo jacket I should be pretty visible from the front. Slight traffic all travelling one way and fast on their way to work. No wind from any direction and the lochs were mirror calm.
There seemed a definite autumnal feel this morning tho' no leaves are turning yet.
Stopped at the pharmacy where had to wait while the pharmacist explained over and over and over to some English tourist that he could not get prescription meds without a prescription but if his home surgery faxed or emailed a copy of a prescription along with an assurance that they would post the hard copy immediately she would reconsider. How hard is it to understand that.:rolleyes:

Am currently watching the showjumping phase of the 3-day eventing.
equestrian? I caught a little of the cross country event yesterday

tyred

Legendary Member
Life is good. :becool:

I'm wondering if there is an app for my phone that can calculate the miles per chocolate brownie consumption of my Brompton.

carpiste

Guru
Had a lovely 32 mile ride around sale/ chorlton water parks and the Mersey adding a wander around Chorlton Ees which is a cobbled, gravel and mud pathway through wooded nature reserve. Never been there before so it was a nice change. Also stopped off to visit my sister who is bed bound at the moment after breaking tib/fib on her birthday.... Bacardi break I`m afraid!

Top Bottom