Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reynard

Legendary Member
Not the tin snails (it's on the August public holiday weekend at Snetterton if anyone is interested), but I did do the old Wilhire a few times - even sleeping in the car at the circuit even though it was only an hour from home.

I used to cover the Tin Snail 24 for Autosport back in the day, purely for the reason that I was local LOL... I'm 40 mins away in the other direction. Used to snatch naps in the car too. :laugh: And subsist on pot noodles.

Sadly the Willhire is before my time, but I do have the programmes for 1990 and 1991 in my archive. ^_^
 

Reynard

Legendary Member
About 8 years ago I planted two of them in the garden. They've grown ... massively ... and each summer despite cutting completely back cover a large area with pink flowers.

The garden flowers start white (apple trees, strawberry plants and a bush of some sort), then turn blue (a large Ceanothus), then pink (the minature roses plus others), finishing in yellow (clematis) in the autumn.

Which is why I put the miniature bit in quotes :laugh: Because it's one heck of a misnomer... :whistle:
 

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
Location
Northamptonshire
I second that but at the moment it is a miserably wet start to the day and l have to go and check on the horses , muck out and give them hay so that they will provide me with more stuff to muck out again later on :wacko:

Viscous circle going on in France me thinks
Talking of feeding animals our cat has been fed
First cuppa went down well
 
D

Deleted member 1258

Guest
Which is why I put the miniature bit in quotes :laugh: Because it's one heck of a misnomer... :whistle:

I have two buddleja out the back that are going well this year, ones made 10 foot and the other 8 foot, they were sold as a miniature variety that would grow to a max 4 foot tall. :wacko:
 

Illaveago

Legendary Member
It is elementally really, but not ill elephant.

The element heats up the cooker.

BTW Did you hear about @Illaveago shooting an elephant in his pyjamas? :unsure:



Illaveago never did work out why the elephant was wearing pyjamas, but he thought it would make a good photo.
Have you ever tried putting an elephant in your pyjamas? It's bl**Dy difficult ! :whistle:
 
Top Bottom