Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I thought it had gone to Rotterdam but if it's now in Felixstowe, those guys at Rotterdam are damn quick!
Deffo Felixstowe..
Sky linkie

Out on a walk Beautiful Daughter wants to run ahead

Beautiful Wife: Okay, but just up to the bush
Beautiful Daughter: Which bush?
Beautiful Wife: The one by the combine harvester
Andy in Germany: (pedantic as ever) Isn't that a tree?
Beautiful Wife: No, it's definitely a combine harvester. I may be a city girl but even I can tell the difference...

She knows me so well...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cleared out a load of old paperwork from my desk, yup, 5 years old, never used it, bin. I was in the office on my own (TBH more or less the only one on a floor) until about 1pm when one of my colleagues came in for the 'meeting'. Our meeting was a little strange as the office was set out like an 'exam room' for 16 - no peeking ! Boss brought in a load of cake - I was a good lad, I had none.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This week is Salen agricultural show on Thursday. Used to be a big event for the whole of the north of the island and everything, and I really mean everything closed for business as everyone went.
Now nothing closes and some people probably have no idea such an event happens.
The following day used to be Bunessan show for the south end but that was put back by a week to allow the farmers to get their stock ready again or more likely to give them time to sober up.
I never liked Salen show but Bunessan was one of the nicest shows we attended as it was more local and we met old friends from a social rather than a business perspective. It was a 55 mile journey each way but worth it.
Salen latterly was more the green wellie brigade prancing around.
The Clydesdale bank was there at Bunessan also with their mobile bank and a caravan for dispensing free drink to customers. Happy days and I could write a book about that show alone.^_^

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice little 25 miler with a shopping stop in the middle. Came out of the stop and was putting the groceries in the T-bag when I noticed that some 🤬 had left an empty cigarette packet on my saddle. There was a bin about five feet away.

Are there really people so dumb that they can't tell the difference between a Brompton and a litter bin:banghead:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Nice little 25 miler with a shopping stop in the middle. Came out of the stop and was putting the groceries in the T-bag when I noticed that some 🤬 had left an empty cigarette packet on my saddle. There was a bin about five feet away.

Are there really people's dumb that they can't tell the difference between a Brompton and a litter bin:banghead:
They'd have had to possibly walk five feet further. A whole 60 inches!!

Top Bottom