Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ernie's been along and dropped £50 into my account.

I'm watching cycling and world and Olympic records keep falling. Also, riders keep falling. They're really at the ragged edge.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
An expensive morning; the dishwasher broke on Sunday so I took SWMBO to look at possible new ones.

She walks round, goes "I want a silver one" and promptly decides on the most expensive there :eek:

Now it may be the same one as I'd been looking at online and wondering whether she could be persuaded :whistle: but there's no way I'm telling her that ;) . So ... "well, if you must" and "are you sure?" :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
An expensive morning; the dishwasher broke on Sunday so I took SWMBO to look at possible new ones.

She walks round, goes "I want a silver one" and promptly decides on the most expensive there :eek:

Now it may be the same one as I'd been looking at online and wondering whether she could be persuaded :whistle: but there's no way I'm telling her that ;) . So ... "well, if you must" and "are you sure?" :laugh:

Similar just before lockdown, our washer gave up. Legged it to the local Curry's near work (in MrsF's car) just as lockdown was being announced.

Knew what I wanted to spend, but then went round the lot, at 1400, at 10kg, oh and this one fits best. Spent double ! :whistle:

Back in the office (the real one) today. Out of 24 desks, I'm the only one in. Clearing out all the old paperwork as I've not printed more than 5 pages in the last 16 months, so time for a bin day !

You could randomly distribute material through the other 23 desks, by slipping sheets in the middle of the "in" pile or hiding them under the blotter...

Top Bottom