Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
''Violent,'' ''storm'' and ''severe'' all got a mention on the morning shipping forecast. There was also a couple of mentions of hurricanes. I didn't catch all the details but I headed straight for shelter in Pillowhaven.

Heard the wind & rain when the alarm woke me to walk the dog - had another 1/4 hour.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Flea in the ear for me passed on to someone else

Chilly, grey and very blustery here chez Casa Reynard. It is currently raining.

I slept really well (extra fleece throw on the bed helped) and overslept a bit. Oops. Anyways, I had a lovely walk this morning with my friend and her two dogs. We managed to avoid the rain, but it was a full hat, coat, scarf and gloves job.

This afternoon, I need to make a couple of parcels, and then head off to Littleport to the Post Office to send those. The VED also wants paying. And need to make the follow-up appt at the quack for the parental unit that she forgot to make the other day.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon.

Thanks! :okay:

It has been doing the rounds for a while, but it's no less funny for that... :laugh:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It is, isn't it? :laugh: Anyone who's been owned by a cat will totally "get" it :blush:
There was an article about keeping warm at home that reappeared on the front page of the Guardian website yesterday. It ended with the words:

''Finally, train the cat to sit on you at all times.''

I was left thinking ''You've never had a cat, have you?''

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hermes still insist they are processing my parcel at their main depot.
A short while ago my door opened and a shout of "parcel" followed by door shutting.
Sure enough to my surprise my new cycling shoes have arrived. Must have come to the island yesterday or perhaps on the small ferry today tho' that would be a bit risky.
Had to go uo the garden to the main shed for some tools and it was not a bad day to be out. Bitterly cold wind and occasional hail showers but nothing like as bad as the east coast seems to be.
The sun on the front and wind at the back of the house keeps the temperature indoors reasonable so just lit the furnace for the evening warmth.

Top Bottom