Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I have been informed I am driving my wife to work in the morning. We leave at 5:25AM apparently :sad:

Tribansman

Veteran
It can't settle until/unless it starts sticking.
My logic was:
settling = falling on the ground and staying ('settling') there
melting/not settling = just turning to water

Must admit, when I worked in Manchester I never heard any reference to settling, just whether it would stick and it 'really sticking now'

You may wonder why I care so much. Well, dialect terms for the white stuff is snow trivial matter to me

classic33

Leg End Member
My logic was:
settling = falling on the ground and staying ('settling') there
melting/not settling = just turning to water

Must admit, when I worked in Manchester I never heard any reference to settling, just whether it would stick and it 'really sticking now'

You may wonder why I care so much. Well, dialect terms for the white stuff is snow trivial matter to me
Well, that's on the other side t'Pennines, what else would you expect!

classic33

Leg End Member
I have discovered, via the tinterweb, that you can use cat litter as a fuel for a kelly kettle ^_^
It turns out that some brands are made from various types of sawdust! So a bit of cotton wool and hand sanitiser as a starter and wood pellets( cat litter) and you`re ready to go for an outdoors tea/coffee or a hot meal^_^
Top Tip
Use fresh, not recycled.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think I have a nice portable studio set up and tested finally, all the monolights for photography work well, and I was able to source some replacement bulbs and get them to work. I also have got all the raw materials for reflectors and stands for reflectors, and found two old light stands as well. I also have an old cast off laptop to work for my needs, mainly photo storage and movie and music playing. I may also use it for gaming. I have arranged for a new refrigerator, as our old one is about to give up the ghost, and got a few errands done over the holiday. I may have all the major requirements done and dusted for the short term future.

Top Bottom