Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have warmed myself up rather thoroughly sorting out the fuel for my heating :laugh:

Dragged in a stash of deadfall of just under arm-thickness variety and that's stacked on the trestle ready for sawing up, and then I split a wheelbarrow load of seasoned logs - a mix of mulberry, ash and sloe. Half have been deposited in the house, half in the garage.

I'm ready for a nice :cuppa: and a bit of time in front of the telly watching the snooker.

I was watching a trailer for Superman . Nobody has really explained how he manages to fly so I can only assume that he eats a lot of baked beans . :whistle:

My brother has had a problem with his pension . He received £20,000 from a private scheme and like a good little boy informed the tax man .
This was some time ago . Since February he has not received his state pension and has been drawing from that money . He assumed that it was something to do with the tax man and has been trying to contact them since Thursday . He managed to get some good news from the tax man today and discovered that it wasn't them who had been taking his money . They said that it must be the pensions people and gave him a contact number . He rang them today and they said that they can't find any records for him . Apparently they have had a new computer system or software installed. I wonder if it is the same as the Post Office Counter's system . :angry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks frosty outside
Thankfully no more snow
Monday again:sad:
It most certainly was - at least the main roads had been gritted overnight so not too bad on the way in, apart from the sub-zero cold. And with the possibility of ice, the batteries failing on the 'to see with' light weren't a problem as I avoided the unlit country lane that I normally use. Definately needed the coffee when I got in to the office.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Think what it'd be like at minus five outside, no electric and 12 floors up, on a windy night. Then add the intermittent nature of the power supply into the mix.
Yes, I know. I have no real grounds to complain. It was just that they'd picked a fine time to turn the heating off.

And I feel for the guys still without electricity.

Top Bottom