Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Remained a bit drizzly most of the day but not cold at 7.4C.
Since it was wettish out I hacked back a grape vine in my greenhouse as it was getting far too big and in any case I can no longer give it the care it needed. The grapes were sweet but mostly the blackbirds got them. I might try rooting a bit and plant it outside if it takes.
Since my father was a professional gardener I learned the proper way to look after such things at an early age but now the work is getting a bit much.
Ferry chaos again as MV Coruisk cannot take up sailing here for the last week in March. Already booked solid by tourists who will have to be squeezed on the MV Isle of Mull so locals can just buzz off as not important.:angry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The 200k or one of the shorter distances? Have fun and enjoy the ride.

The 200, first since September. Expecting to be slow in the cold this time of year. Finish in time, with no dramas, no stomach upsets, and feeling like I could have gone further, will do me. Must resist the time trial start that many audaxes descend into.

Saddle leveled^_^
OK but are you?

reminds me of a phrase my Mother's Father (yes, my Grandfather & a plumber) used to use (but I never heard) when someone asked him how he was. he would say: "better than level"

he was often sarcastic, even to me when I was very young. he'd give me a big bowl of vanilla ice cream & say: "you don't like ice cream, do you?"

I never what to say

my Mother's Brother (yes, my Uncle) would often say to me, when I was very young: "hey what do you say?" I never knew what to say

I guess sarcasm ran in the family?

postman

Legendary Member
Tonight it's a couple of cans of Stella,local offy.None of the Irish black stuff tut tut.How can you not have any G.

OK but are you?

reminds me of a phrase my Mother's Father (yes, my Grandfather & a plumber) used to use (but I never heard) when someone asked him how he was. he would say: "better than level"

he was often sarcastic, even to me when I was very young. he'd give me a big bowl of vanilla ice cream & say: "you don't like ice cream, do you?"

I never what to say

my Mother's Brother (yes, my Uncle) would often say to me, when I was very young: "hey what do you say?" I never knew what to say

I guess sarcasm ran in the family?
Were any of your predecessors from the east of England (norfolk or suffolk) ? l ask because that is almost exactly how we speak ! Especially "hey what do you say" ( It means what is your opinion or what do you think about it)^_^

Top Bottom