Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Rail tickets have been located and put in my wallet ready for Monday. Checking the times and there's been a slight change to the timetable so my Ipswich to London Liverpool Street train gets in 15 minutes later then originally listed. I'll just have to walk a bit quicker to get to Waterloo for the train to Guildford.

That's a fair walk.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Right, I'm all washed up. Or do I mean I've done all the washing up? Or both?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
My camera is a Pentax K10D. It was a progression from an istd which was a step up from my Ricoh film cameras. As I had K mount lenses I stuck with a camera which used them . I was also swayed by my wife's old Pentax compact zoom camera which took very good pictures .
I went against all of the camera magazines in buying a Cannon or Nikon as I wanted to be different, plus it seemed like the magazine's were sponsored by them . It does have difficulty in focussing in low light at times but it can't half take a lot of photos if you keep your fingers pressed on the button . The battery charge also stays for a long time .
Yep I'm a Pentax fan too althogh my kit is still all 'film' based, I do own a 50mm F1.2 though (it's like looking into a bucket)

Yep I'm a Pentax fan too althogh my kit is still all 'film' based, I do own a 50mm F1.2 though (it's like looking into a bucket)
I almost wish that l hadn't read your post because it takes me back to London in the 1960's :rolleyes: I had not long left St. Martins school of art and was looking for a way of making a few quid . To cut a very long story short, l landed a job as a darkroom operative and sometimes behind the lens . The camera l used was a Hasselblad 500SL (memory a bit hazy but l think that was it) ! It made the sexiest sound when you pressed the shutter. I was taking shots of wannabe models in the time of "Twiggy" . It has been said that if you can remember the 1960's "you weren't there" . All I can say is that by todays uptight view of life ,it was bloody wonderful !!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I almost wish that l hadn't read your post because it takes me back to London in the 1960's :rolleyes: I had not long left St. Martins school of art and was looking for a way of making a few quid . To cut a very long story short, l landed a job as a darkroom operative and sometimes behind the lens . The camera l used was a Hasselblad 500SL (memory a bit hazy but l think that was it) ! It made the sexiest sound when you pressed the shutter. I was taking shots of wannabe models in the time of "Twiggy" . It has been said that if you can remember the 1960's "you weren't there" . All I can say is that by todays uptight view of life ,it was bloody wonderful !!
I used the old Bronica ETR with the Nikon lenses, and sometimes a Kiev 60. Fine old cameras. Announced their presence, that is for sure.

Bright, breezy & chilly here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well, but still feel like I'm being short-changed on sleep. I have made a big pot of alphabet soup this morning. I will be having a quick luncheon, then tootling off to Tesco to see what time they clear the fish counter on a Saturday. When I arrived at half five last week, there was virtually FA left.

So I'm going to toodle pipski and see you all on the other side.

P.S. So it's not just me who is missing the smilies...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Bright, breezy & chilly here chez Casa Reynard.

I slept well, but still feel like I'm being short-changed on sleep. I have made a big pot of alphabet soup this morning. I will be having a quick luncheon, then tootling off to Tesco to see what time they clear the fish counter on a Saturday. When I arrived at half five last week, there was virtually FA left.

So I'm going to toodle pipski and see you all on the other side.

P.S. So it's not just me who is missing the smilies...
Is it just me? Or have you noticed that when you write a post, in the line of icons at the top there is a smiley physog (about half way along), click on that and they appear. ^_^ :unsure: It gives you the ones you have recently used, and then scroll down for the rest of physogs.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Is it just me? Or have you noticed that when you write a post, in the line of icons at the top there is a smiley physog (about half way along), click on that and they appear. ^_^ :unsure: It gives you the ones you have recently used, and then scroll down for the rest of physogs.
I noticed that this morning. There's now a search box that wasn't there before. So if I type in owl....🦉🍜🎳🥣. It obviously thinks I also mean bowl.

I've been out and back on a bike ride . It was cold and grey out . No snowdrops here yet . Too cold .
I swapped my bikes round before I set off . I took my Dawes Shadow 25 inch . It felt okay. It has a Reynolds 500 frame .
I did my usual route of 12 miles. I stopped off to look at a Flymo Compact 350 which had been dumped . The rotters had taken the plug off ! I expect that there was a break in the cable which stopped it working .

Top Bottom