Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
They're doing that near me. Dewsbury's adding 25,000 to the population through a series of planned developments. But there's no transport infrastructure development and only a bit for new schools. Other aspects don't appear to have been considered.

Despite the planned developments, some piecemeal and others massive, houses are still selling very quickly.

We are or we’re a relatively small village We have a massive Caterpillar factory on the out skirts of the village which causes problems in the village at shift change two of which coincide with school leaving times The planers and I use the term loosely in their wisdom approved the building of the latest site opposite the factory. How the hell residents of the new estate are going to access the main road as no change to road layout. Do these planners really look at the day to day environment?

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
We are or we’re a relatively small village We have a massive Caterpillar factory on the out skirts of the village which causes problems in the village

I dread to think what it is going to be like, once they pupate :whistle:

pawl

Legendary Member
I dread to think what it is going to be like, once they pupate :whistle:

Anything would be preferable to those bloody great yellow things they produce.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Anything would be preferable to those bloody great yellow things they produce.

As long as he don't bring his mate

Attachments

• godzilla-mothra-1265786.jpg
    godzilla-mothra-1265786.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I've got boxes full of stuff that might be useful one day, most of it should go in the bin but it can't, as soon as I throw it I'm going to need it.^_^

I had a clear out last year and now find just that. I gave most to guy who has a hobby of fixing up bikes and binned the rest. At least I can get some bits back if needed but not the binned bits.
OTOH why have I got two down tube shifters and a SA 3 speed hub gear I will never need?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We are or we’re a relatively small village We have a massive Caterpillar factory on the out skirts of the village which causes problems in the village at shift change two of which coincide with school leaving times The planers and I use the term loosely in their wisdom approved the building of the latest site opposite the factory. How the hell residents of the new estate are going to access the main road as no change to road layout. Do these planners really look at the day to day environment?

They are doing something similar at Dunbeg just east of Oban with large housing development and only access is to the A85 with a T junction on to a busy 60mph road. No immediate plans to improve this.

Top Bottom