Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

I've got washing out, five minutes ago it was raining like Noah's been boat building, now we have bright sunshine, seems like the weather's stuck in April.

Hebe

getting better all the time
Blinding blue sky here with some (many) clouds stacking up. I’m saving my walk for later as I don’t trust the weather forecast.
One car collected this morning and a replacement delivered. One little sentence that completely belies the amount of hassle involved.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
At 11 ish, I set off to walk the dog to the barbers a couple of miles away for her trim. We got about ½ mile and it started precipitating it down then that changed to hailstones!
We returned home, dried off, then drove there 😂

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Why should you even have to even consider moving People are so inconsiderate to locals.I suppose that I’m a bit of a country bumpking.I was always brought up to remember the country side is somebody’s work place.People seem to think that the title National Park is the same as their local park it’s not it’s some ones work place I was always taught Leave only foot prints Take only photographs I would add to that Don’t block field gates Remember narrow country lanes often carry heavy farm traffic

Sorry if I sound as though I’m preaching to the converted
Why should you even have to even consider moving People are so inconsiderate to locals.I suppose that I’m a bit of a country bumpking.I was always brought up to remember the country side is somebody’s work place.People seem to think that the title National Park is the same as their local park it’s not it’s some ones work place I was always taught Leave only foot prints Take only photographs I would add to that Don’t block field gates Remember narrow country lanes often carry heavy farm traffic

Sorry if I sound as though I’m preaching to the converted

You are indeed preaching to the converted.
I explained earlier some of the cycling problems encountered by the introduction of sea eagles but that pales into insignificance compared to present day problems. Tourists in general in the mass market consider that everything has to be done to accommodate them and nobody else matters.
We always had tourists and they were not a problem since they generally had some care for the environment and the local population and also were in reasonable numbers which did not overwhelm the infrastructure.
Probably this infestation will not last tho' the greedy incomers who batten on them will continue to try to increase the numbers.
At my age of currently 86 I doubt I will see any improvement tho'.
I do go to the mainland every time my son is home from Taiwan where he is currently working and I can cycle on my trike in relative peace there.

pawl

Legendary Member
You are indeed preaching to the converted.
I explained earlier some of the cycling problems encountered by the introduction of sea eagles but that pales into insignificance compared to present day problems. Tourists in general in the mass market consider that everything has to be done to accommodate them and nobody else matters.
We always had tourists and they were not a problem since they generally had some care for the environment and the local population and also were in reasonable numbers which did not overwhelm the infrastructure.
Probably this infestation will not last tho' the greedy incomers who batten on them will continue to try to increase the numbers.
At my age of currently 86 I doubt I will see any improvement tho'.
I do go to the mainland every time my son is home from Taiwan where he is currently working and I can cycle on my trike in relative peace there.

Was the influx of visitors exacerbated due to restrictions on travelling abroad due to travel restrictions due to Covid and the advice to staycation.It annoys me when I hear visitors don’t respect the local environment and the local residents

Top Bottom