Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cool, grey and blustery here chez Casa Reynard.

I have had a quiet morning, although this did involve putting away all the non-fridgeable shopping and rejigging the fridges in the kitchen and utility room. I have rounded up all the ingredients for tonight's supper, and they are now waiting to be turned into a recogniseable meal. I also had to water the tomatoes, the herbs and all the assorted planters, as this wind is very drying.

My "miniature" rose has had all the leaves and buds nipped off it (fecking bloody muntjacs) so I've had to move the planter. I've put it on top of the wood bins, so the little feckers can't reach. Fortunately it is putting out new shoots, so all is not lost.

If I catch the culprit, they WILL end up in the crock pot. And then I'll invite all the mundaners around to help me eat venison pie. :hungry:

It is almost time for luncheon, and I has a hungry.

pawl

Legendary Member
It is raining here. The cycle ride has been cancelled .
The hot bath I was having to ease some aches was cut short by 2 phone calls . :angry: Thinking they might be important I got out prematurely! :angry:. One was my friend saying that the ride had been cancelled . The other was for some domestos home insurance ! :angry::angry::angry:.

Hope it wasn’t a face time call:eek::eek::eek:

Lovely luncheon of a prawn & avocado sandwich, a small punnet of raspberries, the last of the grapes and two :cuppa:

But I did share the prawns with Mesdames Poppy & Lexi... :blush:

I feel the need for a Dettol bath after that comment.,.🤢

I think I'd rather drink Dettol than eat Tartare saucexx(

If it's the bought stuff, then yeah, that's bloody vile...

The homemade stuff is SO much nicer: tablespoon of mayonnaise, a tablespoon of creme fraiche, some chopped capers, a bit of minced onion, a pinch of taragon and some freshly-ground black pepper.

And *that* my dears, is a PROPER tartare sauce. ^_^

tyred

Legendary Member

The homemade stuff is SO much nicer: tablespoon of mayonnaise, a tablespoon of creme fraiche, some chopped capers, a bit of minced onion, a pinch of taragon and some freshly-ground black pepper.

I will eat virtually anything but I detest Mayonnaise (and Salad Cream).

I will eat virtually anything but I detest Mayonnaise (and Salad Cream).

I get salad cream - that's just much too vinegary. A good mayonnaise, though...

A lot of the shop-bought ones are simply tasteless. Or, failing that, actually sweet... Yes, that's you, Hellmans... xx(

If I must buy mayonnaise, then I get the Polish "Kielecki" branded stuff, but otherwise I make.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

I'd put chopped gherkins in as well. But I'm a pleb.

Top Bottom