Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Foggy start but cleared up tho' not in a good way. Westerly wind and damp but getting damper and a gale later.
Today's excitement? Go down to the pharmacy to collect my routine meds. Then as seems to be routine call the surgery to get them to add on the ones I requested but they missed out.
Ordered some new chains for the trike from ChainReaction/Wiggle and got an email from EVRi the new Hermes that they have got them and will probably hang on to them as long as possible.:rolleyes:

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Foggy start but cleared up tho' not in a good way. Westerly wind and damp but getting damper and a gale later.
Today's excitement? Go down to the pharmacy to collect my routine meds. Then as seems to be routine call the surgery to get them to add on the ones I requested but they missed out.
Ordered some new chains for the trike from ChainReaction/Wiggle and got an email from EVRi the new Hermes that they have got them and will probably hang on to them as long as possible.:rolleyes:
How many chains do you run? 3?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
MIL still here. Increasing pain meds today and she's on a sedative. Doctors can't believe she is still here having had no food/water for 5 days. All we can hink is because her organs have all been knackered for so long, they just keep going ! Main priority is ensuring she isn't geting agitated, which is difficult.

Shattered though - got an hours kip on the hospital floor last night. At least I am resting my knee.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa and bowl of fart & fibre both went down well

oldwheels

Legendary Member
How many chains do you run? 3?

About two and a half but need to buy 3 and in any case I have currently no spare chain in case of problems on the road so a bit will be carried on the trike. It is not just a case of call a taxi here if I have problems as while there are currently 3 not all are available and may have to come a considerable distance. Mind you I do not expect problems but better to be prepared. My tools have often been used by other cyclists on the road.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Calmac need to get somebody with some sense to do their text messaging.
MV Isle of Mull has had to cancel sailings because of an Oil. While I suspect I know what is meant surely adding one more word would not hurt.
They also send out said message and then 10 minutes later announce the return sailing is cancelled.:wacko:
This weekend is the annual sportif which was cancelled for a couple of years. Usually this is first weekend in June but probably brought forward because of some alleged celebration somewhere. The main organisers will not be celebrating so pressure must have come from somewhere.
While I type this Calmac announce that the following sailings are cancelled. In ten minutes or so they will then tell us which ones are off so probably no post today.:sad:

Top Bottom