Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
There is a block of 20 newish flats in Bedford that have just burnt down due to a suspected gas leak so you're best off out of it!!

My block is one of fourteen, 32 story apartment blocks that were built some 25 years ago when Tin Shui Wai was redeveloped. Lovely apartments but this is a worry as they now have to check 14 blocks, 32 stories each. Big job.

Cool, blustery and occasionally sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

Took me aaages to drop off last night, so I'm a well-paid-up member of the Mundaners Insomniac Club. Mind, once I *did* drop off, I actually slept quite well. Trouble was, it was after 6 am...

Spent the morning re-jigging the fridges in the kitchen and utility room, replenishing the fruit bowls and sorting out ingredients for some upcoming cooking. I've also backed up a load of computery stuff, being extra careful not to accidentally overwrite anything this time. :blush: There is a bit of gardening and fruit picking on the agenda for this afternoon.

Oh, and I have also cleaned the stretchy bracelet on the Girard Perregaux watch I bought on the 'bay last week. The links were very gunky, so out with the toothpaste and then the soap-and-water, and finally a soft cloth and a bit of metal polish. I do think this watch would look far better on a nice burgundy lizard strap though, but the bracelet is rather comfortable...

Anyways, it is almost time for luncheon.

classic33

Leg End Member
Don't get caught short here.
1657030125584.png

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Second post-Covid ride today; yesterday I did 6.3 miles at an average of 7.6mph. Today I did 21 miles at an average of 11.8mph.

At this rate of increase I'll be world champion material by the end of the week :whistle:

However, I did seem to cough/sneeze out half the planet whilst riding xx(

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Using some leave up. I've somehow got 9.9 days to use up by 31st August, but not sure where the .9 came from. Booked a couple of hours off to wander round Manchester before meeting MrsF for food later. This wander will involve exploring liquid refreshment establishments.

9.9 is that all?

I've 12 to book, 6 to take Weds-Mon when I was supposed to go to Belgium with son no. 2's team, 12 booked for summer holidays. That's a total of 30 to take before the end of August. Not sure how I'm going to get those in. Again.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got a nice trike run this morning with not too much traffic tho' by about 1030 touroid were beginning to emerge. You can tell easily by the way they approach oncoming traffic. No idea of passing places and they just stop in the middle of the road and expect you to sprout wings or something.
Lots of high altitude planes going over and saw something new which was a shadow of a vapour trail on lower thin cloud. Could not get a photo as it was directly into the sun.
Now getting warm and outside temp has risen to the dizzy heights of 19.5C but only 19.3C inside.
Rain is forecast to start again soon and forecast to last for a couple of days.

Top Bottom