Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Me no likey Monty Python either. More cringesome than funny.

In a similar vein, I don't like John Cleese either.

I like good old fashioned comedy. I was laughing out loud at an old episode of Last of the Summer Wine the other night :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Car got an MOT with no advisories so the next hurdle is insurance but that is not till the end of October. I normally get a service done before the mot but this year put it off till November when they may be less stressed. There is now only the owner and one full time mechanic as he cannot get anybody to come here as there is no housing for workers. There is a high school boy who looks after fuel sales but he will be off soon probably to college or university.
Got the car down early and a bus back home which left the terminus 10 minutes before the time in the on line timetable. The driver clearly knew me as he stopped right at my gate to let me off.
Back down to collect the car using the trike and mixed with the tourists who seemed to think I was part of the entertainment laid on for their benefit.:laugh:
I thought men with kilts at mid calf length were the pits but today I think I saw worse. A bus tour guide whose circumference was greater than his height with a kilt. Ye gods what a sight.:ohmy:
The correct length is for the bottom of the kilt to be mid kneecap or when kneeling to just brush the ground.

D

Deleted member 26715

Car got an MOT with no advisories so the next hurdle is insurance but that is not till the end of October. I normally get a service done before the mot but this year put it off till November when they may be less stressed. There is now only the owner and one full time mechanic as he cannot get anybody to come here as there is no housing for workers.
Is that due to 2nd homes & holiday lets?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Is that due to 2nd homes & holiday lets?

It is indeed as any houses for sale get snapped up at inflated prices very often sight unseen to be use for short term letting to tourists.
There is now a slight trend away from that as one house near me was sold to a local couple after the owner died and more are beginning to think the same way when such houses come on the market.
Not just confined to here of course and my brother in Shetland tells me the same buying unseen for holiday lets is a real problem there as well. Orkney is also pretty bad as well as any tourist area.:sad:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Oban hospital where nobody reads notices or just pays no attention anyway.

2A98F0DD-6949-4CE0-BC9F-4A215F9AFA46.png

Top Bottom