Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Strike action at Uni tomorrow, both academic and admin unions. Bit pointless as we can't afford the pay demands, like everywhere else. The economy is in tatters. Going to be crossing the pickets as I can't afford to throw away a number of days pay.:ohmy:

Should just have a across board pay rise of 5% anyone who thinks they need more should be told to do one!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This requires energy expenditure, which in turn assumes you care enough to actually get the ball in the first place. If the ball was thrown up to start I'd take a step back from it.

In basketball this was at least partly on the basis that I was never going to get the ball near the net anyway, I may as well have thrown a ball at the moon for all the good it would do.

I would have been early/mid teens then and had a team strategy. I just got the ball to somebody who was good at getting it in the net first shot. That was their whole job on the team to hang around near the net and wait for the ball. Worked every time.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like the Rail Strike has made up a decision. I've two Christmas meals/drinks of 14th and 15th December. Looks like there will be a rail strike on the 14th, so I will confirm I'm not going - it's only a Department meal. The one on the 15th is with some old colleagues so fortunately I'll be able to get the train in. It's in the afternoon, so gives me plenty of opportunity to get home even if a few trains get cancelled.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Mum to GP, back to hers to find someone collapsed in the lift entrance, possibly post-stroke in the lift. The scheme manager left last week and the replacement is not yet in place so I had to deal with the ambulance calling and the rudimentary questions the ambulance service prompted me to ask, not that I got much sense from the guy. Time for brunch in front of the football.

Sunny with a brisk breeze here chez Casa Reynard, though it poured it down earlier.

Slept well, but feel meh. This bug I picked up a fortnight ago is taking its own sweet time to booger off. Still really chesty and my sinuses aren't happy. Have had a quiet morning, but I have made a big pot of cauliflower & potato soup. Currently watching Germany v Japan.

There may be a spot of jam making this afternoon as I've some Bramleys that need using.

Almost time for luncheon.

Just back from a walk in the rain with my dogs. "Thinks" why don't l get rid of them and get a cat. :evil:

313440780_n.jpg

^_^

Top Bottom