Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
All set for another trip to Leeds. Taking a train that leaves here at 09:30 gets me there 2 hours earlier than taking the one that leaves here at 10:30 due to the connecting trains at Ipswich. I may not even have to get off the train as sometimes the local train then becomes the cross country one.
Well, just so you can't complain when you get here. Daily temperature for the next two days is set to be around the 4°- 6° mark. This doesn't take into account the expected windchill.

Gwylan

Veteran
Oh, we played basketball at school, and there was a lunchtime football club. I assure you, toe stepping and well-sharpened elbows really do work. An elbow in the t*ts is equally as effective as a knee in the 'nads. ^_^

I also took up fencing - admittedly to get out of swimming, which I hated - but again, there was the bonus of thwacking someone quite legitimately with three feet or so of steel. :becool:

God, school sports. How I hated it.
I was the last one to be chosen for cricket and basketball. Catching dyspraxia. Known as kack handed in those days.
But rugby was another matter altogether. A lethal second row.

But athletics I could make a difference, I was a middle distance performer with strong performance in the high and long jump.

Currently a warm and balmy 9C, so I grilled outdoors and made hamburgers from some buffalo meat, an old favorite in this area. A lady I work with also gave me two pounds of deer meat today, because her deep freezers were full.

Ooooh, lucky you! That venison will make a nice casserole at some point I'm sure, slow cooked with onions and root veg, and maybe a glug of red wine...

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
We get a lot of venison in this area, both imported red deer(sold in supermarkets) from New Zealand, as well as the white-tail, which are about half the size of a Dexter cow in these parts, and are plentiful. Some white-tail, or Virginia deer, can get up to 300 pounds. The deer are so plentiful there are gun hunting season, bow and arrow season, youth season, and I think a black-powder historic musket season. I like venison, but I have to eat it myself, because no one else around me likes game.

We get a lot of venison in this area, both imported red deer(sold in supermarkets) from New Zealand, as well as the white-tail, which are about half the size of a Dexter cow in these parts, and are plentiful. Some white-tail, or Virginia deer, can get up to 300 pounds. The deer are so plentiful there are gun hunting season, bow and arrow season, youth season, and I think a black-powder historic musket season. I like venison, but I have to eat it myself, because no one else around me likes game.

Makes me wish I'm not this side of the pond.

Wish I could do something about the little sods who decimate my roses and my parsley...

Top Bottom