Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Or get a dog who doesn't like the rain.

But you still have to do the "poo bag dangle" though... :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Came up on MSN. Didn't realise it were in a paper as well.

It wasn't, but the Express is always about Weather-mageddon !

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Always used to be careful about trimming finger nails. I had to pick up far too many small screws & other parts that required a minimum length.

I used to have knitting machine parts with tiny screws and if one dropped it was a problem. Nobody was allowed to move unless on hands and knees with a torch head down and arse up looking for it as tiny screws could travel a surprising distance from dropping point. It must have looked a bit strange to anybody coming into the workshop to see nothing but backsides.
A touch of grease on the end of a finger usually worked to pick the bits up.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Poured rain most of the day but now less wind.
There is a thin skin of snow on the highest Mull top I can see but nothing on Morvern where high tops can be seen in the distance.
I will not attempt the Gaelic name which is about a sentence long.:rolleyes:

Had a quick sortie out to get my bin out for tomorrow’s lift.
DIL phoned. Son is doing an extra couple of weeks in Taiwan as a favour for his relief worker to build up brownie points in case he needs to have extra time himself in the future.
Perhaps they think I am getting a bit poorly.

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Strike action at Uni tomorrow, both academic and admin unions. Bit pointless as we can't afford the pay demands, like everywhere else. The economy is in tatters. Going to be crossing the pickets as I can't afford to throw away a number of days pay.:ohmy:
Should just have a across board pay rise of 5% anyone who thinks they need more should be told to do one!
My university is doing the same, as they all are this time. I need a break - no time off allowed in semester - so am treating it as three switch-off days. However, I spent part of Saturday doing the work I won't get paid for in preparation for later weeks, which I would have done on Friday.

And yes, I think it'll end up at an agreed 5% raise after a pile of kerfuffle.

Tomorrow I'm off out on the bike, Friday is with son no. 1 and next Wednesday I'm visiting son no. 2 and my dad whilst my mum has her first palliative radiotherapy session.

Note that the last two strikes I either wasn't in the union or sneaked round the picket line when they weren't looking. This time I simply need a few days off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom