Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa went down well

pawl

Legendary Member
Fortnightly visit to Stoke Walked along canal towpath to the old Jules brewery two coffees.Two Cokes £10 50
On into Stone for lunch at Witherspoons Four meals with drinks £35.00
Then to Trentham Gardens for a look round The prices for Xmas decorations are eye watering expensive. A small packet of Stollen squares dressed up in fancy Xmas rapping £4.00

On too the cafe,Decided i fancied a custard tart Stuff that at£4.00.
Two teas.Two cokes and four small fancy cakes £ 27.00

Which was best for value Has to be The Spoons.👍👍👍

Gwylan

Veteran
Fortnightly visit to Stoke Walked along canal towpath to the old Jules brewery two coffees.Two Cokes £10 50
On into Stone for lunch at Witherspoons Four meals with drinks £35.00
Then to Trentham Gardens for a look round The prices for Xmas decorations are eye watering expensive. A small packet of Stollen squares dressed up in fancy Xmas rapping £4.00

On too the cafe,Decided i fancied a custard tart Stuff that at£4.00.
Two teas.Two cokes and four small fancy cakes £ 27.00

Which was best for value Has to be The Spoons.👍👍👍

(Sadly), Spoons are good junction of value and quality.

Have removed "sadly" because the company has a choice to be what it is. I have a choice to decide where I spend my money.

tyred

Legendary Member
how did you manage that,we were not allowed to argue,1963-66.Our sports teachers were bullies and physcos.People still talk about them.

I used to write my own sick notes to get out of PE as I hated things like football and all the bullying that went along with PE class. :whistle:

Dear Sir, Tyred will be unable to take part in football today due to <pass medical dictionary and insert suitable imaginary illness>.

Thank you,

Mammy Tyred.

I'm surprised I'm still alive considering how many illnesses I had as teenager:laugh:

But rugby was another matter altogether. A lethal second row.

Rugby is tribal warfare with a ball. Being the smallest I was supposed to be the delightfully named "hooker". I very quickly realised that this was a silly idea and I couldn't catch the ball even if I wanted to, and there would have to be changes if I wanted any shins by the time I was 16.

Then they announced that anyone stupid enough to forget their studded shoes wouldn't be allowed in the scrum.

Problem solved.

tyred

Legendary Member
I will be going to get the first part of my dental insert treatment done at 2pm:ohmy:

No local dentist does this so have had to travel to Sligo. I came early to fit in a bit of a coastal hike while I am here:becool:

When I was driving here earlier, I was thinking on the time I was cycle touring around Strandhill and the old woman I met at the sea front in the Toyota Starlet who was sitting with her budgies which she brought to the sea front every morning to sit them on the sea wall for a while as apparently they liked it. I was wondering was she still alive.

I haven't seen her but I see a Toyota Yaris parked at the seafront with a birdcage sitting on the passenger seat so I assume she is still with us but has updated her Toyota for a younger model :smile:

I used to write my own sick notes to get out of PE as I hated things like football and all the bullying that went along with PE class. :whistle:

Dear Sir, Tyred will be unable to take part in football today due to <pass medical dictionary and insert suitable imaginary illness>.

Thank you,

Mammy Tyred.

I'm surprised I'm still alive considering how many illnesses I had as teenager:laugh:

I like that: they can't argue without admitting they have no idea what it means.

By the way, in one of the great ironies of life, the local primary school had a brilliant Art/sports teacher who made creative sports times which the kids loved. Now Younger Son wants to be a sports teacher at secondary school level.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I literally just never showed up for sports lessons. Loved other subjects though.

You seriously cannot do that at a boarding school. It's like you learn to like to eat everything, 'cos there is no alternative.

Thank you,

Mammy Tyred.

I'm surprised I'm still alive considering how many illnesses I had as teenager/styles/default/xenforo/smls/laugh.gif

52ew5se, n6t *6ss5b3e.

or rather

Likewise, not possible.

Rugby is tribal warfare with a ball. Being the smallest I was supposed to be the delightfully named "hooker". I very quickly realised that this was a silly idea and I couldn't catch the ball even if I wanted to, and there would have to be changes if I wanted any shins by the time I was 16.

Then they announced that anyone stupid enough to forget their studded shoes wouldn't be allowed in the scrum.

Problem solved.

Pretty difficult to do when you live there anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom