Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Sky looks blue and cloudless from where i am

I was just listening to some nurses talking about their strike action on the TV a few minutes ago .
I have used their services a lot over the years with my health problems .
The way I see it is that their pay has reduced over the years. A lot of the nurses are tired and have left from exhaustion or gone for better paid jobs . The NHS has a limited budget but if they don't retain their staff they will end up paying more for less staff by employing agency staff.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Yes! That's the one . It was all grey .

28 mph ! I bet the traffic on the A4 were glad it took the back lanes. There would have been a traffic jam a mile long behind it as there aren't too many places where you could overtake safely.

Ideal city car shame it's a Citroen though

Just thinking about the nurses and the time I spent in hospital brought back memories of one of the symptoms I was experiencing. I used to feel fine and would have chats with other patients up to a point where I would feel totally drained and would return to my bed . They tried to take blood samples when this happened but they couldn't access a vein at the time . Once I had rested I would return to normal and they could take a blood sample which would show nothing .
I find that this can happen to a lesser effect now as I can see the symptoms coming on and ease off . I have found that long conversations can bring on an attack . It could be a good reason for me not to join her choir group .
It's strange as cycling doesn't bring on the same symptoms even though a fast pace can leave me out of breath . :wacko:

tom73

Guru
I was just listening to some nurses talking about their strike action on the TV a few minutes ago .
I have used their services a lot over the years with my health problems .
The way I see it is that their pay has reduced over the years. A lot of the nurses are tired and have left from exhaustion or gone for better paid jobs . The NHS has a limited budget but if they don't retain their staff they will end up paying more for less staff by employing agency staff.

:cheers:

Or as Mrs 73 has put it "we've had enough" sadly she never got a say, she's one of 100K members who the RCN see as lesser members.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Another depressing day with rain and high winds. Noticeably darker as well than it was at the same time yesterday.
Ferries are disrupted today partly by weather all up the west coast in this area.
We used to be able to understand the timetables to the extent that you could easily memorise the times. Now it is too complicated as there are 3 different timetables with different times and even in one period they are not consistent.
Before considering travel you have to consult a calendar and then check possible ferry sailings.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes! That's the one . It was all grey .

28 mph ! I bet the traffic on the A4 were glad it took the back lanes. There would have been a traffic jam a mile long behind it as there aren't too many places where you could overtake safely.

My average speed to work in a car is sub 10 mph ! Only issue would be the motorway for 2 miles ! The road is further.

Top Bottom