Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ahh, I mind of them well. ^_^ My favorite smoke back in t'day when I did. Packed it in back in 1987.
The advantage of Gitanes was that, being strong tasting, when it came to 'flashing the ash' at teabreaks, only the occasional brave sould would be tempted - ! :laugh: Result being that although Gitanes were more expensive; 29p. vs. 26p. for Embassy, each packet lasted longer - ! :okay:

We also had Disque Blue but cannot remember if these were got in UK or Continental Europe

Jameshow

Veteran
Oi !!! :ohmy:

Some of us try to make classroom-based stuff more exciting. Or I would be doing if I wasn't on strike today. I spend days/nights/weekends crafting creative learning materials, which must be decent-ish as I see colleagues using them for years afterwards once I've passed the modules onto new people. And students like what I do, not just in-class but comments I get years later.

Oh, and you lot buy the stuff my graduates market to you 😊

Mind you, it'd probably not beat driving a dumper truck round outside. But there's Diggerland for that :okay:

Do we have a marketing guru in out midst!

We should don out sandals and smocks, mount our brooks saddles - carradice - galaxy and sling our jam sandwiches and rock cakes at the purveyors of di2 and disc brakes!!

I forgot to mention that the last time I went out on my bike I turned down Easton Lane which has now been turned into a cycle road with bollards and signs excluding motor vehicles . As I was cycling along I heard the sound of a car behind me . I carried on cycling and a Citroen City Car overtook me ! :ohmy: It was a horrible boxy looking thing not much wider than two cycles side by side .

classic33

Leg End Member
I forgot to mention that the last time I went out on my bike I turned down Easton Lane which has now been turned into a cycle road with bollards and signs excluding motor vehicles . As I was cycling along I heard the sound of a car behind me . I carried on cycling and a Citroen City Car overtook me ! :ohmy: It was a horrible boxy looking thing not much wider than two cycles side by side .
Bollards!

How'd it fit between them?

Bollards!

How'd it fit between them?

I bet it's like the Knight Bus :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
Howler today.
Finished work, 15.30. Drove 15 miles home, started hammering it down with rain in the last 3 miles. Leant over to get my mobile.....errr, wtf !!!
No phone, must have left it at work...nooooo.
Now its absolutely bucketing it down, worst I've seen for years, back on the A1M to work, visibility is shocking, its 20 to 30 mph max on a 4 lane motorway.
Got to work, phone on my bench, drove home in reasonable conditions.
Got home at 17.00.
Out to the hospital at 18.00
Back home at 19.45.

Life is just too busy :rolleyes:

Top Bottom