Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Winter fixed wheel bike serviced, rusty bits on Brompton touched up, another bag of excess books taken to charity shop, car washed, panel lights on car heater controls now working, dodgy bathroom lightswitch replaced, fridge re-stocked with cider. All is well with the world!
I thought you were doing not a lot all day?

TVC

This evening we are supposed to be seeing Glenn Tilbrook. It looks unlikely at the moment, I may cough and sneeze through the whole thing

:cry:

TVC

I have been ordered by the Management to stay in tonight, so the jimjams are on. Anybody want two tickets to see Glenn Tilbrook, doors in 50 minutes.:sad:

We saw him last time he was in Leicester, very good show, he does a lot of Squeeze stuff as well as his solo material. Up the Junction and Labelled with Love done on his own with just an acoustic guitar are quite moving.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
20161102_194643.jpg

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I have been ordered by the Management to stay in tonight, so the jimjams are on. Anybody want two tickets to see Glenn Tilbrook, doors in 50 minutes.:sad:

We saw him last time he was in Leicester, very good show, he does a lot of Squeeze stuff as well as his solo material. Up the Junction and Labelled with Love done on his own with just an acoustic guitar are quite moving.
Glenn Tilbrook has an unusual almost piano-like way of playing guitar. His chord sequences just don't come anywhere near what a standard guitarist would choose.

Chris Tifford, his major songwriting partner, used to drink a lot around Greenwich and I've even had the bizarre experience of performing a cover version of one of their songs while he was drinking at the back of the pub. He was completely fine about it. Probably just as odd for him as it was for us. Nice guy.

That Julian Holland, who also drank a lot round here, was the complete opposite. Utter nobber.

Top Bottom