Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I enjoyed the late afternoon and evening sunshine by finally finishing planting up my pots and bedding plants. Poor things were a bit pot bound as I'd bought them with my birthday money 3 weeks ago. Looking forward to a display of sweet peas as they are my favourite non yellow flowers. Other non yellow favourites include fushias and lavender.
Otherwise, my roses, petunias and begonias and various daisy looking flowers are all yellow.
I was just planting gladiolus the other day, as I had bought a long handled bulb planter at the tool library next to the bike co-op when they sold out their old tools. Did a whole bed in the time it would usually take me to do a row.
16663-1.jpg

Sort of like this, only heavier gauge step.

Fark.. Just had to go on full 'hulk' mode with my 18 1/2 year old son (T1 diabetic) - including out-running him downstairs at my age... not good.

Bad blood sugars - daughter's friends 'wound him up'. Wife went in to talk to him on arrival home, he got 'very nasty'. I keep clear usually as I get full on with a Type 1 in a sugar rage - it's not much fun - like being coked up (i.e. drugs)...

I had to block him and get 'angry' - he'd already punched a hole in a door and kicked his mum, so this was no messing. He was screaming 'you've assaulted me' - I just literally got Mr Nasty and stood in his face ( just blocking). I backed down, then he legged it down stairs - wife worried about his mental health, I had to move it. Caught him in the lounge and 'bear hugged him' to stop him smacking me, and pinned him on the floor before he hurt folks. That was very hard...

Not nice, but it's kept him out of a hospital admission that would fark up any chances of car insurance shortly.... might have bust my toe in the mess.

Thank flip I still keep fit... sheesh... as an old flake, I managed to control him...

He's very apologetic now his sugars are back in range - just gave him a hug - god it's a farkin horrible condition....

Sounds like you handled it as well as could be expected.

He's very apologetic now his sugars are back in range - just gave him a hug - god it's a farkin horrible condition....

That's the important bit.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Fark.. Just had to go on full 'hulk' mode with my 18 1/2 year old son (T1 diabetic) - including out-running him downstairs at my age... not good.

Bad blood sugars - daughter's friends 'wound him up'. Wife went in to talk to him on arrival home, he got 'very nasty'. I keep clear usually as I get full on with a Type 1 in a sugar rage - it's not much fun - like being coked up (i.e. drugs)...

I had to block him and get 'angry' - he'd already punched a hole in a door and kicked his mum, so this was no messing. He was screaming 'you've assaulted me' - I just literally got Mr Nasty and stood in his face ( just blocking). I backed down, then he legged it down stairs - wife worried about his mental health, I had to move it. Caught him in the lounge and 'bear hugged him' to stop him smacking me, and pinned him on the floor before he hurt folks. That was very hard...

Not nice, but it's kept him out of a hospital admission that would fark up any chances of car insurance shortly.... might have bust my toe in the mess.

Thank flip I still keep fit... sheesh... as an old flake, I managed to control him...

:hugs:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Grr, wife gave me a telling off at 4am -my fault - it was her who was there which caused my son's rage. Got up and went to work this am, wrenched shoulder and very painful toe. Great !

I' ve got a hurty toe. I don't know what I've done to it .
I'm also aching from crawling around underneath my car fixing the brakes .

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
I was just planting gladiolus the other day, as I had bought a long handled bulb planter at the tool library next to the bike co-op when they sold out their old tools. Did a whole bed in the time it would usually take me to do a row. View attachment 467508
Sort of like this, only heavier gauge step.
That's quite an impressive implement!

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru

Well done. That's strong and loving parenting.

Grr, wife gave me a telling off at 4am -my fault - it was her who was there which caused my son's rage. Got up and went to work this am, wrenched shoulder and very painful toe. Great !
What did she expect you to do differently? That would keep everyone safe.
Hope you feel better soon.

Well I'm apparently the bad guy, but what's one to do when your son is in a rage !

I wonder if her criticism isn't as much her own frustration and fear about the situation itself, which was pretty loud and dramatic, and her inability to deal with it if you hadn't been there, for example.

Also, it may have frightened her to see that you are physically strong enough to react like that, even if you have everyones best interests at heart.

It's possible that your son can see it more objectively than your wife at he moment.

Perhaps when everything has calmed down you could ask your wife how she would suggest you deal with such situations in future, maybe with your son and/or someone you trust there.

D

Deleted member 1258

I can't like that, but well done for dealing with the situation. :hugs:

Top Bottom