Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mustn't get too excited !

Well, quite. I think you may get disqualified from the thread otherwise.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
My wife has worked at a SEN school for maybe nearly 25 years, for a few years she was a cleaner there, now a TA. She came home the other day...
'I see they're putting the cleaning over to a private contractor AGAIN'

They never learn, this is the 3rd or 4th time and every time the provider has cut the materials ridiculously low making the cleaners motivation low etc etc etc. Each time they've taken it back in house, the whole situation gets better.
They never learn, bloo*y accountants.

Same throughout business. When you contract out you also have to pay the wages of the managers of the contractor, something has to give and it is always the end product.

gbb

Legendary Member
What's an SEN School?
As Gravity Aided says, Special Educational Needs. That may not be quite the correct term in the UK, i'm not sure but that's the gist of it.

As an example of what the staff face, my wife came home yesterday with clumps of hair missing...again, and bruising to her arm and shoulders...a modestly regular occurrence. She's been bitten, punched, wrestled to the floor etc etc etc in the past and taken to A&E twice..
And despite that, after the wrestling, punching and hair pulling she got out in the community, in the middle of a road yesterday when one very badly affected child lost it altogether (which they do sometimes, they can't help it)...she still took time to calm him down.
Her voice was still a bit quivery when she got home.

Utter respect to her.

As Gravity Aided says, Special Educational Needs. That may not be quite the correct term in the UK, i'm not sure but that's the gist of it.

As an example of what the staff face, my wife came home yesterday with clumps of hair missing...again, and bruising to her arm and shoulders...a modestly regular occurrence. She's been bitten, punched, wrestled to the floor etc etc etc in the past and taken to A&E twice..
And despite that, after the wrestling, punching and hair pulling she got out in the community, in the middle of a road yesterday when one very badly affected child lost it altogether (which they do sometimes, they can't help it)...she still took time to calm him down.
Her voice was still a bit quivery when she got home.

Utter respect to her.

Sounds a bit like autistic meltdown. My wife worked with children with similar symptoms, and has the bite marks to prove it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom