Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
:giggle:

On a more serious note, one of the former regulars was actually done for putting stickers from the cheaper stuff onto the more expensive (and not always stickered) stuff... :whistle:
I've a roll of the pricing labels. If you fancy doing handwritten ones.

Legally purchased, no worries there.

Oh, forgot to say, I put my green recycling bin out last night. Didn't bother with the black bag again this week as there's hardly anything in it other than the empty cat food pouches. (I recently made changes in the feminine hygiene department, so a lot less waste going into the bin.)

While I was out on the bike last night and seeing the stuff put out for collection, it kind of hit me that some people are putting out more non-recyclable waste in a week than I generate in a year. Now that *is* scary...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Never under estimate the incompetence of the civil service.
Last week a job notice was put out offering temporary promotion or sideways transfer to cover a post for around six months
This morning the notice was withdrawn as they had forgotten that someone (who was actually suitable!) already had a long standing application to move to that post so was given the covering job.
This afternoon a job notice was put out offering temporaty promotion or sideways transfer to cover that person's job.
One slight problem - the person given the tempoary cover job is going to be off sick for a few weeks having been taken into hospital on Monday and had their gall bladder removed so expect the job to be re-advertised for one month's cover...
I really should be used to this by now!

Le Mans update - 1hr 34 miuntes to go and I should finish it tonight as I'm on lates tomorrow

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There is no a full on thunderstorm going on outside with lightning and torrential rain.

Top Bottom