Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Waiting for the printer to print something.

Still waiting

Okay, I'm fed up now. I'm reformatting the original document.

Okay, I'm fed up now. I'm reformatting the original document.

Did you actually send it to the printer?

You know me too well already @classic33. In this case though, I did. I was using a programme called Gimp which is a free version of Photoshop. Both use 'layers': each new design element can be put on a new layer so you don't damage existing work if it goes wrong.
It turns out that PDF file makers try and replicate all the layers, so making the PDF takes several minutes and then sending al the data to the printer takes up to quarter of an hour.
With all the layers squished together* in gimp first, it took thirty seconds...

He took it in person. The printer said it will be ready on Friday. Then he had a had a cup of tea.

Now it's in triplicate.

*Notice high-level technical jargon.

classic33

Leg End Member
You know me too well already @classic33. In this case though, I did. I was using a programme called Gimp which is a free version of Photoshop. Both use 'layers': each new design element can be put on a new layer so you don't damage existing work if it goes wrong.
It turns out that PDF file makers try and replicate all the layers, so making the PDF takes several minutes and then sending al the data to the printer takes up to quarter of an hour.
With all the layers squished together* in gimp first, it took thirty seconds...

Now it's in triplicate.

*Notice high-level technical jargon.
You could have just opened the Print Queue, had a gander, then closed it before it realised.

Top Bottom