Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Why do furniture makers insist on making drawers with low backs and sides or just a rod for the sides ?

Can you imagine the fuss it would cause if the Hatton Garden Security Vault used such drawers, with contents spilling over into the drawers below ? :ohmy:

The reason for the difference in height is to make them easier to build: It's not obvious that there's a 1mm discrepancy between the component heights if the drawer side is 12mm lower than the front. It also makes them easier to fit into the drawer hole (I'm sure there's a better word in English than "hole")

The rod for a side is a new one to me though. I'm guessing it's one of the tricks on mass produced furniture.

The reason for the difference in height is to make them easier to build: It's not obvious that there's a 1mm discrepancy between the component heights if the drawer side is 12mm lower than the front. It also makes them easier to fit into the drawer hole (I'm sure there's a better word in English than "hole")

The rod for a side is a new one to me though. I'm guessing it's one of the tricks on mass produced furniture.
The backs and sides can be a couple of inches difference .
Why do they even bother to put a base in ? :angry:

D

Deleted member 26715

A Lidl bit of peace can be hard to find...:biggrin:
Glad you have said that we don't have a Lidl near us so need to find one on the way home.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I’ve had scrambled eggs for breakfast, with toast, I don’t like the eggs on the toast, they make the toast soggy you see, soggy toast is something up with which I am not prepared to put.

Did someone mention eggs :rolleyes:

The new flock have just come into lay, so now have a bit of a surplus.

A quick shout out on the social meejas, brought in a flurry of orders - so Ya'boo sucks, to those who say fb and Ig suck. :whistle:

In other less welcome news, after 3 weeks of non use - and cold weather the tractor won't start ..

Shall have to co-opt a neighbour with a bigger beast, for a jump start.

Top Bottom