Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Landlady's dog wandered in to check up on me just now. This can be problematic because there's a door between my apartment and Landlady's cellar which for obvious reasons I don't have a key to. Dog doen't know this so when she hears Landlady on the other side of the door she often wants me to let her through and can't understand why I keep triyng to get her to go outside and back upstairs that way.

Son came round with his dog the other day, socially distanced. Said dog got a long way into the house while still on the lead & looked very confused.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Well that wasn't the plan! Son's PlanetX hillclimb bike suffered a snapped rear mech that's also removed part of the rear triangle :cursing:

We've worked on his race bike - now single chainring, lightweight saddle and wheels, bar tape removed - and he'll ride this in tomorrow's national hillclimb.

PXL_20201024_180217550.jpg

Me? I'm now a DNS.

Currently we're in a slightly grotty hotel in Pangbourne.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Well that wasn't the plan! Son's PlanetX hillclimb bike suffered a snapped rear mech that's also removed part of the rear triangle
Happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, as he just told when he came to see me at the bicycle co-op. So we'll see what can be done about it. Sounds mostly like wheel and derailleur damage, hopefully not too much frame.

DCLane

Happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago, as he just told when he came to see me at the bicycle co-op. So we'll see what can be done about it. Sounds mostly like wheel and derailleur damage, hopefully not too much frame.
The rear curved section is missing from the RH rear mech area so it's the frame unfortunately :sad:

16035675611944153078389437050718.jpg

DCLane

Had a bath and ... made a daft decision: we've travelled to ride a hillclimb. We. Not one of us.

So ... new mech hanger in. Firmly secured around with tape. Smallest chainring we have put on. The rear mech is twisted - pliered it. I've 4 gears and the PlanetX bike's going up under me! It'll have one last run or everything ends in disaster (probably). Do or at least try not to die!

The national hillclimb's live tomorrow on facebook.com/velo29 Son's off at 10:22:30 and I'm 11:10:30

Last edited:
Top Bottom