Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Morning from the Shedoffice. Got a nice gap between Teams meetings so will get that lunch ride in today.

Got a planned 'night ride' tomorrow with a mate - that's going to be mucky - it's well ridden route for me, but never done it at night and there are a few gnarly off road descents.

We've just had a DfE invitation to Tender for some work, and everyone has taken one look at the documentation and thought 'bugger this'. Not so sure we will bother given how busy everyone is. :laugh:

postman

Legendary Member
I have redeemed my soul.This morning I have cleaned our five bicycles.All sparkly and lubricated..Then covered in dustsheets for the winter.I don't ride Nov to March.I know good weather cyclist.So now before lunch I need to clean my finger nails.All grubby ,I do have standards.Anyway no more mundaneness from me here.

Still, mild and mostly sunny here chez Casa Reynard.

I have spent the morning getting ahead with firewood, sawing and splitting. Who needs a gym, it's a damn good workout. :laugh: It woke me up too, as I didn't sleep so good last night. My current writing project is starting to gather steam, and my mind's been going a mile a minute with ideas and plot threads etc.

Anyways, almost time for lunch. Have some more of that lovely tomato soup. :hungry:

It's bin day here today, but didn't bother putting my blue recycling wheelie bin or my black bag out. There wasn't enough in either - they can wait for another week.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Then covered in dustsheets for the winter.I don't ride Nov to March.I know good weather cyclist.

Sensible but boring :tongue:

In conversation with SWMBO yesterday I wondered why I've so many broken bits / artificial bits / scars / sewed up bits and she hasn't. Her comment was that she last had a bike accident (a very major one though!) in 1982 and none since. Nor does she take any stupid risks. Apparently I do ... :whistle:

postman

Legendary Member
Right so I have found two pressies I can give my lad.His bike was one of five I cleaned this morning.So his two pressies are going to be a Carbon bottle holder and a small bottle from Alfords believe it or not.His bike has a very nice Matt black finish,zees Germans do a very good job.So the holder is also of a similar colour,well you have to don't you,and the bottle is black with a hint of grey such an accessory.Is that spelt right.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sensible but boring :tongue:

In conversation with SWMBO yesterday I wondered why I've so many broken bits / artificial bits / scars / sewed up bits and she hasn't. Her comment was that she last had a bike accident (a very major one though!) in 1982 and none since. Nor does she take any stupid risks. Apparently I do ... :whistle:

Same here. My wife delights in telling me she only fell off once, and that was riding my MTB as it had a cross bar. Actually she fell off on a pump track on her hybrid by charging off round a berm after my son - she rode at the bottom in the gravel.. doh.

I do say she'd not been trying hard enough if she hasn't fell off. We were watching 'Hospital' last night and she said 'you wouldn't want to be in there now would you ?' - it's coming up to my fifth anniversary of breaking my spine quite badly and having a rather long 'holiday' in Stepping Hill(ton) hospital in Stockport (in joke between me and a mate - he's spent far too long in there).

I've been washing off the paintwork on my Falcon frame with thinners and an old toothbrush. It has worked quite well and was a lot better than using a thinners soaked rag . I discovered that the lugs were originally lined with gold paint . I have got down to the original paintwork on most of the frame now , it's the awkward bits that are taking a lot of time to do .

Top Bottom