Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Morning !
Grey but dry here .
The search goes on ! :wacko:. We thought that we had discovered the right laptop and then discovered that it wouldn't arrive until 23rd December ! :ohmy:
Ugh! Discovering that some only have one USB port is another drawback which only comes to light at the last minute . So the list of priorities goes on .

This is exactly why I'm hanging on to my nearly 14 year old Sony Vaio. I have a good 15 inch screen, three USB ports, built-in DVD drive and a proper full-width keyboard without that ridiculous number pad on the side.

I need a good screen for photography and a good keyboard for typing.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
My other reason for wanting to have a large screen is to view all my Father's slides. One of my Brothers is scanning them prior to saving them on a DVD.

If I had a lot of tryping to do, I would use a proper size keyboard attached to the laptop. I can still do touch typing, and would like to maintain that skill.

I've done some more work on dismantling that mulberry - other than one large branch I am down to the main stem. But I was losing the light, and the footing where I'm working isn't great, so I called it quits for today. Doing this safely is far more important than doing it quickly.

Right now, I'm thinking a :cuppa: and a couple of chocolate suggestives might go down a treat. And then we will see what the Dear Leader has to say in a little while.

The screen casing on my Lenovo computer came apart after two years. It would not go back together again. So I contacted a local computer repair man. He visited me at home, diagnosed the problem. And no, it was not a PICNIC, before you suggest that! :unsure:

He said that a new case, even if he could get one, might be "silly money". Anyway...long story short, he suggested upgrading my previous computer. New hard drive and, bigger .... err ... :scratch: ..what you call it..... :scratch: memory! So he did that, and reinstalled the OS, as the label for the Licence was still attached to the puter. He also transferred the programmes and files from the old one to the new,

I had wanted a large screen for on-line jigsaws, and this one has a smaller screen. He explained that with better pixies on the computer, it would compensate for the slightly smaller screen. For all that work and two home visits the Bill was, imo, very reasonable, as opposed to buying a complete new one. As luck would have it, someone gave him a big screen, complete with leads, to find a good home for, so later that week, he gave that to me, gratis. ^_^

His main work is designing and constructing websites. He was old school and could remember when the only computer game available was Pacman.
I have in the past done some repairs to our old computers. I took my I Mac apart to fit a new hard drive years ago when I broke down . I am a bit reluctant to try to fit a new battery to our present computer as it is fitted inside and the casing isn't screwed together .
Looking at all of the different specs of tablets and discovering that you have to check thoroughly that they have the correct number of USB's it is becoming bewildering ! I'm starting to think that it might be easier to fit a new battery . :wacko:

This is a strange one !
A friend was throwing this bike out so I said that it might come in handy for spares . My friend first discovered this bike in pieces in a lane approximately 20 years ago . In pieces I mean that it had been sawn in to 2 pieces, straight through the cables as well. My friend asked me if it was possible to weld it back together. It was a strange request but the end result is in the picture . Why anyone took a hacksaw to it in the first place is beyond me !

Top Bottom