Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I just called Trump a bad loser in Twitter. Now listening for incoming helicopter...

tyred

Legendary Member
@tyred your comment re how relaxing doing a few miles on a 50's roadster is so true more people ought to experience it ^_^

I think they should be prescribed by doctors to patients with stress and anxiety!

I was pondering while riding it yesterday (when I took a strong position going over a very narrow humpbacked bridge to discourage the car which was approaching from behind from overtaking and squeezing me into a stone wall and said driver blared the horn repeatedly and shouted something out the window at me for holding him up for about three seconds) that not so long ago this sort of thing was the normal mode of transport of the majority of the population, people went about their business and went to where they had to go to do whatever at a sedate pace and they probably moaned less and stressed themselves out a hell of a lot less that the speeding and aggressive drivers that seem commonplace on the road today. I'd say roadrage probably didn't exist when my Rudge was built.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Much more of a relaxed day today. Having finally woken up, the only thiing to do was to make a mug of coffee and go back to bed for an hour and listen to the raidio. By 11am I'd finally got dressed & had breakfast when I remembered I needed to get some squash to take to work tomorrow* so I popped into town, came home and picked up the bike lock I'd forgotten and went back into town!

The afternoon was then spent in the shed with the British GT race from Silverstone on the laptop while cleaning & lubing the chains on a couple of bikes and a full clean of a somewhat mucky mountain bike following last Friday's outing.

*before anybody asks why I couldn't get it on the way in - I start at 7am and Tescos doesn't open until 7am.

postman

Legendary Member
Just sat with a whisky and lemonade.Very nice it is too.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Dull, but calm in Manchestershire. Roast Chicken in wine is in the oven !

Just pottered about, including a repair to the hinge on the laptop screen - bit of a weak point in the design in that after many years the captive nuts break out of the inner part of the case, so when you open the lid it pulls the case appart. Fixed one side with epoxy about a year ago, but couldn't find it this time, so hot melted the other side. The hinges are stronger than the case.

I've had that experince, wife's Lenovo case just disintegrated.

The article on Paul Warwick's fatal accident in the motor racing magazine I imported from Italy has turned up two photos that are new to me. It's always nice to add new ones to what I already have. And thanks to the hours spent watching Inspector Montalbano, I've absorbed enough Italian to be able to read the article, although some of the finer points might be lost on me. Having said that, it's far more factual than the contemporary accounts in the British press, and it certainly doesn't pull any punches.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The article on Paul Warwick's fatal accident in the motor racing magazine I imported from Italy has turned up two photos that are new to me. It's always nice to add new ones to what I already have. And thanks to the hours spent watching Inspector Montalbano, I've absorbed enough Italian to be able to read the article, although some of the finer points might be lost on me.

I've learnt the odd phrase, but that's mainly because I tend to work out what's being said via some very basic Spanish and a Latin O-level.

And I've had to resort to cat food boxes for packaging.

Last edited:
I've learnt the odd phrase, but that's mainly because I tend to work out what's being said via some very basic Spanish and a Latin O-level.

And I've had to resort to cat food boxes for packaging.

I'm something of a polyglot anyway, although none of the languages I speak are close to Italian... :blush: English is actually only my third language, btw.

Nothing wrong with using cat food boxes for packaging. I always keep some by specifically for that purpose. :angel:

Top Bottom