Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to put Marcus Archibald and Jake Mott back into their respective pigeonholes in my imagination and call time on the writing for this evening.

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
These bikes were for friends and a neighbour . They would have been classed as uneconomical repairs . The bikes had been neglected for years and had accumulated rust and caked on dirt and grease .
The time I spent working on them worked out as pennies per hour which excluded ordering and collecting parts .
I know what is like when it came to insurance when I repaired cars . So many limitations,certain cars excluded, any welding had to be watched for half an hour . Plus the cost !
Good luck when one of them sues you because the brake failed or something.
Financial gain from any sort of repair work done makes you liable as I'm sure you know.

I just ate toast for breakfast.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Time for a brunch bar 27 miles covered.
Sat in a bus shelter.

IMG_20220514_071833245_HDR.jpg

Good luck when one of them sues you because the brake failed or something.
Financial gain from any sort of repair work done makes you liable as I'm sure you know.

I bet a good number of people have started up businesses by doing work for other people and friends .
Have you ever asked a friend to fix your car ,plumbing, plastering , your computer ?
I checked that things were working fully before returning the bikes to their owners .
I haven't taken work from cycle shops , I have given them sales from parts . The condition that the bikes were in would have made most places say that they were uneconomical to repair .

:angry:

Top Bottom