Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lidl giving away free Dell laptops!
1711644458565.png

Mine is due to be delivered Eater Sunday.

Had a lovely luncheon of a turkey & stuffing sandwich, an apple, a banana and two :cuppa:

Laundry is doing its thing. It probably still needs another half an hour, I reckon. Have edited some photos of forget-me-nots that I took the other day as I want to use them as inspiration for a part of the painting I'm currently working on.

The half-side of salmon I had my eye on was easy to remove from the freezer. I do have one that's been in there a bit longer, but I can't get to it right now, I'd much rather wait till I've taken a few more items out before making the attempt, as I'd REALLY like to be able to get the other items back in post furklage. :blush:

Croque monsieur is so much better in the UK than in France because our cheeses are superior in every way to theirs, except in the marketing department. Our ham can be, too, if you shop sensibly. And of course my homemade bread is untouched by their white pap.

Discuss. :smile:

Anyway, lunch was delicious.

It's just a ham & cheese toastie though. Which needs chilli sauce to give it some extra ooomph.

Polish ham is way better than UK ham. Just sayin' like. :angel:

MikeG

Guru
It's just a ham & cheese toastie though. Which needs chilli sauce to give it some extra ooomph.

Polish ham is way better than UK ham. Just sayin' like. :angel:

And Spanish ham is way better than Polish ham.:tongue:

What we can agree on, though, is that everyone's ham is better than French ham. You know, apart from our rubbish cheap stuff, which shouldn't really be called ham anyway.....

And Spanish ham is way better than Polish ham.:tongue:

Cured ham, yes. Cooked ham, no. Most definitely not.

What we can agree on, though, is that everyone's ham is better than French ham. You know, apart from our rubbish cheap stuff, which shouldn't really be called ham anyway.....

Although when it comes to cooked ham, one can't really beat a top-quality home cooked smoked gammon. :hungry:

Mike_P

Guru
Sun vanished by the time WAH ended for Easter. Walked to the Co-Op hoping to take a picture of that permament/temporary bus stop but the road works had jumped along the road and its now a closed bus stop. Rather cold wind so whilst at lunchtime I was doubting having a dinner of corned beef hash and veg along with sticky toffee pudding with custard it turned out spot on.

Top Bottom