Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Oh yes. I'm doing raised panels at the moment for the outside, then there's a final clean-up, the beads to make, the weather-bars, the final fit, the ironmongery, then the glazing, and then fit the frame into the sunroom.
Not that much left to do then.

You're not spoiling the surface with fake hinges, or are you referring to the hinges, locks and handles.

I've been gazumped on the cat that I went to view on Saturday. This despite me asking for a few days to make up my mind even though I told them I would almost certainly take her.

Like it's not even funny anymore. This is the sixth (I think, I've lost track) cat I've been gazumped on, and the second time I've been messed about by a cat breeder.

I'm just really fed up now.

tyred

Legendary Member
Had an unusually productive day in work today (my boss will be wondering what happened!).

I was walking to the supermarket anyway so called into the motor factors since I was passing anyway to enquire about coil springs. They had them in stock, a bit dearer than online but since they had them and if we expect local businesses to survive, they need support, I bought them so am now the proud owner of two nice, shiny me springs. I only really need one but I feel it's better to replace the axle set.

Pity my shiny new springs will get dirty when I put them underneath the car!

I then went to do my grocery shopping and wonder if anyone has ever walked around a supermarket carrying two coil springs before. :laugh:

Ventured out for about 25 miles on the bike then but got got drenched in the process. :rain:

classic33

Leg End Member
Had an unusually productive day in work today (my boss will be wondering what happened!).

I was walking to the supermarket anyway so called into the motor factors since I was passing anyway to enquire about coil springs. They had them in stock, a bit dearer than online but since they had them and if we expect local businesses to survive, they need support, I bought them so am now the proud owner of two nice, shiny me springs. I only really need one but I feel it's better to replace the axle set.

I then went to do my grocery shopping and wonder if anyone has ever walked around a supermarket carrying two coil springs before. :laugh:

Ventured out for about 25 miles on the bike then but got got drenched in the process. :rain:
I've been round the local Spar, now shut, with a rear inner tube for a MF 65 over the shoulder.

tyred

Legendary Member
Just thinking about coil springs, my 205 had torsion bars in the rear suspension, all my previous vehicles had leaf springs. I've finally joined the modern world and have coils all round! :becool:

Speicher

Vice Admiral

I have travelled on a train carrying a watering can, and another time carrying a very large teddy bear. I have also travelled in an open top car while I was wearing a life jacket.

I have travelled on a train carrying a watering can, and another time carrying a very large teddy bear. I have also travelled in an open top car while I was wearing a life jacket.

I have travelled on the London Underground carrying large pieces of racing car bodywork.

And I *did* see someone take a folding pedestal table onto the Piccadilly Line.

Top Bottom