Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Narrow escape there then.
Laws different in Fakenham then?

Different laws.. Different trailer!
I think even in Fakenham laws would be broken.

DSC_4439.JPG

Gwylan

Veteran
Found my third glasses cleaning cloth. It was in a pair of shorts that have now come out of their box ready for summer.

I just bought a new pair of cycling shorts from a German shop.
£6,99 seems good considering I'm unlikely to need them much given the weather.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Overcast with grey sky and north wind which is always cold. Not raining tho'.
Only thing to do today is go to the chemist and collect medication.
I do have some surplus glassware which I will take up to the charity shop container. Balloon wine glasses mainly and since I do not drink alcohol anymore and I am not going to be having dinner parties there is no point in keeping them.
May take the trike out later but I doubt the weather will hold and it will likely rain.

I may lock my house door when I am out and there are probably lots of people searching about for keys.
There is a report from a credible source that some dodgy English are going around with a van registered in Manchester but not taxed. Were found sussing out a quad bike and let the owners dog off it's restraining lead. My top garden is mostly invisible to anyone and interference could explain some of the strange damage to waterbutts and even the gate hinges being broken.
Must be getting paranoid.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright, sunny and blustery Suffolk. The first coffee of the morning was a bit stronger than normal due to using up the remains of a pack so I may leave it a bit before the second one. Meanwhile today seems like a good day to be cracking on with doing absolutely nothing.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This morning has been mostly spent listening to 'hold' music and 'your call is important to us' type messages. At least HMRC were very helpful when they did answer and I now have a tax free allowance for 2024-2025 instead of everything being taxed at BR, while the pensions provider were as vague and useless as normal and can only hope it shows correctly at the end of the month. I can see another call to them in May.

The good news is that it gave me plenty of time to get a load of washing done and out on the whirlygig to dry.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have travelled on a train carrying a watering can, and another time carrying a very large teddy bear. I have also travelled in an open top car while I was wearing a life jacket.
I've taken one of Henry's bigger brothers* on a train. Two trains as I'd to change in Bradford
A Playmobil shop display figure, about three four foot tall. A few odd looks going through the barriers, but that were it.

*Around waist height and about 2/3rds that diameter.

Top Bottom