Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's been a cool day here chez Casa Reynard, with a mixture of sunshine and showers.

I did not sleep well. Planned power cut here as they were upgrading the cables, so not over much I could do. Did catch up with some writing as I had a fully-charged battery on my small laptop. And I have confirmed that the router for my internet skews the temperature reading upstairs by two degrees Celsius.

Am now sat drinking tea, eating honey roast pecans and drafting an invoice for my fuel and time to send to the cat breeder who has just messed me about. I think it will come to around £160.

tom73

Guru
So a mixed day work was doing one of this I really enjoy. After a few years we are back invigilating Art GCSE it's like being part invigilator part art tec. Plus I get on really well with the staff who always look after us. I've seen some really cracking work over the years. This year is a mixed bag some good some pretty average many have played it on the safe side. They've 10 hours to do it so can go big.

Now home I've been fully updated on Charlie by Mrs 73. He's been a total star at the vets no trouble at all they all love him.
We now have a diagnose the scan was clear so nothing nasty. The further bloods together with all the other bloods show he's got kidney disease. It's bad but the vets has made it clear it's not the end he's seen a lot worse dogs have a long life. So it's a total change of diet , extra new meds. The next few days we will go though all his treats, inc all the spare ones. some are not cheep ones either. We've stuff all over the place. Our last dog has complex allergies so we are use to reading packets and stuff. The hard part is making food taste nice with all the nice favour stuff missing.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Weather caught me out today.
Cold morning and I went for a walk after collecting medications. A powdering of snow can be seen on the higher mountains but I was down near sea level so no snow but just cold.
Tried the dump to dispose of the surplus glassware but the only bit accessible was a landfill skip. No idea what they were doing but probably not open for anything but landfill until next week I was told.
Surgery back on the phone wanting more bloods done next week. Drink lots of water before going to get "done".:tired:
By lunch time the sun was out so up the top garden to try to sort the water butts and the broken gate hinge. Cleared room to get the ICE trike back in a shed I hope and then sat for a rest and fell asleep in my sheltered spot.

Strange that suddenly I am getting no junk mail with invitations from various female names. I got a half dozen most mornings but just deleted them so somehow somebody somewhere must be paying attention.

Mike_P

Guru
Cat deterrent installed at the second attempt having got the 12v supply the wrong way round initially. Now reading the instructions it says to dismantle and wipe WD40 on the lens. Finally a genuine use for that stuff. Says cats reactions will vary from immediate flight to settling down in front in attempt to assert authority. 2-4 weeks normally for them to learn to avoid.

tyred

Legendary Member
Another dreich evening. Had some soup and crusty bread after work.

We (the residents of these two apartment blocks) were supposed to have a meeting with the builder this evening but he never turned up. He never replied to my letter either. Useless waste of space and the rudest man I ever met.

Top Bottom