Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

And just a small sliver of luck in a generally shitty couple of days - I've snagged myself a very nice late 1960s stainless steel Eberhard watch on the Bay of E - hand wind with date, and with the original Gay Freres (I think) bracelet and marked clasp.

An uncommon and unusual watch, and one that seems to have slipped below the radar of the "vultures" as I was the only bidder.

What does one do with a 1960's watch?

Wear it and enjoy it. :biggrin:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
This evening I bid on, and won, a vintage bike then bid on another whilst going to Leeds to collect a table/chairs for son no. 1. Only very lightly used it'll do fine for him. Then came back to find I'd won the second auction for another vintage bike from the same seller.

This week's been a bit 'spendy' so far; mattress for £400 £75 new, bed for £11.50 second-hand, table & 4 chairs for £75 second-hand plus bike stand, bike cover and mattress cover - all for son no. 1 and his new flat. I've also bought a new Cero carbon wheelset for £1000 £125 for me and a pair of vintage bikes for £112. Some decent-ish bidding and negotiation has gone on.

Oh, and son no. 2's Peugeot Tepee passed it's MOT needing a CV boot and air in one tyre. It looks like a wrecked copy of Postman Pat's van but seems to be OK.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A very cold and windy afternoon, but it didn't stop me getting out for a very nice 45 miles on the bike as the rain held off until much later in the day. I did need to put the thin liner gloves on under my mitts to keep my hands warm. Gammmon steak & chips were had for tea as a reward for the outing.

Greater Anglia have already issued a refund for yesterday's train ticket following on from the line problems and I have just spent it on a ticket to the British GT race at Silverstone at the end of the month.

Top Bottom