Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Slightly hazy sunshine and no wind so looks like a nice day in prospect.
Library visit is needed as last week was terrible weather and the books are now overdue. Not that anyone is really bothered.
Car needs topped up with diesel as next week is Music Festival madness when I will not be venturing anywhere near the town centre.
The motorhomes will be arriving from now and will be wall to wall in the car park so no or little parking for ordinary mortals.
After lunch must get the trike out for a run in sunshine tho' the forecast for the next week has a few good days.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from an overcast and very chilly Suffolk. There's no hurry to get to Snetterton as it's only qualifying this morning with racing in the afternoon so I'm having a slow start to the day with a second coffee after a decent night's sleep. One thing I must do on the way out is get a tank of fuel as the little yellow light came on as I left Ipswich on Thursday - with any luck this should also do for next Sunday's Silverstone trip as well.

Gwylan

Veteran
Pleasant solo wander. Except for 4 old biddies with ski poles walking and talking. Not a lot of listening going on.

Then got all broody because I whistled at them

They then split into 2 groups of 2 and made for either side of the lane.
At which point one from each pair decided to cross the road to join the other group.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Pleasant solo wander. Except for 4 old biddies with ski poles walking and talking. Not a lot of listening going on.

Then got all broody because I whistled at them

They then split into 2 groups of 2 and made for either side of the lane.
At which point one from each pair decided to cross the road to join the other group.

That's reminded me of a show I saw quite a few years ago at the Edinburgh Fringe. It was at the height of the " Scandi Noir " series on TV and consisted of three ladies acting out a Scandi drama. All the props were hand kintted by volunteers from the English village where the ladies hailed from. As one of the props was a car that was quite some feat. One part of the show involved " Nordic Walking " and much comic emphasis was placed on the need to have done an official course and earned a certificate before you were deemed to be able to walk " correctly "

tom73

Guru
Just back from town minutes away form home I was almost taken out by a pickup. Who under took a car turning right by mounting the pavement less than a foot away from me. No attempt to slow down just went past and carried on back on the road at full speed.
Clearly a highways maintenance vehicle sadly no name markings.

Top Bottom