Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Talking of the second coffee of the day, I've just finished an excellent one. Far better than the first.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Without getting political, may I make a statement.

If I was told by an Officer of the Constabulary that I should not proceed in a certain direction, because of a demonstration, and that I might put myself at risk, I would heed his words. I would avoid getting into a long-winded conversation with him, when he needed to keep other people safe.

I would delay my meeting, or go somewhere else.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Are you starting to enjoy this retirement malarky? :scratch: ^_^

Immensely.
At the moment I'm taking a break from something I wish I'd never started - washing / scrubbing down the skirting boards, door frames and doors. I'm not saying they were bad, but I can't remember the last time it got done. Only done the downstairs hallway, stairs, upstairs hallway, bathroom and loo and had to change the water already.

As I've said before, it beats working 😁

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Cinnamon and raisin bagel with a mug of coffee finished, back to being a scrubber.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Immensely.
At the moment I'm taking a break from something I wish I'd never started - washing / scrubbing down the skirting boards, door frames and doors. I'm not saying they were bad, but I can't remember the last time it got done. Only done the downstairs hallway, stairs, upstairs hallway, bathroom and loo and had to change the water already.

As I've said before, it beats working 😁

When you are retired, you can do that steadily, not all at once. ^_^

Gwylan

Veteran
When you are retired, you can do that steadily, not all at once. ^_^

Or you can ruminate whilst procrastinating.
Always good to have a reserve job that could be done. In case some other job turns up.
Then you can make a to-do list and feel important. Start the list with "make to-do list" Add an item and cross through the "make to-do list" utem.
You can also make jobs up, put them on the list and then cross them out
That makes you look even more productive and busy

tom73

Guru
Last nights performance was a great night out. It's fair to say it was one of laughs and at times made you cry. Michael Sheen was outstanding as Bevan. Mrs 73 at the interval on the way back from getting the ice creams. Heard two ladies talking one was saying her grandfather had grown up with Bevan. She'd been around stories about him as a child and was finding quite emotional. It turned out to be the 100th show since NT live started so in the interval they did a short film covering past plays and how they go about filming it live. It's a lot of work and involves multiple camera set ups.
I'd forgotten how good they are as we've not been since covid having gone to a few over the years.
If you can I'd say go and see it https://nye.ntlive.com/synopsis/
NT live also have a steaming site of past shows.
https://www.ntathome.com/

Top Bottom