Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 is back she's brought me a scone , pot of jam and pot of clotted cream. :hungry:
I have to say the scone is perfect way better than you normally get right down to splitting open my hand.

gbb

Legendary Member
There is a 'news too exciting ...' but I can't find it so here will do.
Our neighbours are moving out :wahhey:
It's a private landlord who always seems to take on troublesome tennants, this lot, feral kids, dope smoking galore from the parents, our house sometimes smells of it. We're sure he grows it in there.
We've always kept a non interventionist brief, it's one of the negatives of buying your house on what's effectively a council estate, you're not always mixing with the nicest of people. While we dont get on , we don't fight, just ignore each other...which is fine by us.
They're literally moving to the house opposite them, so no more dope smell for us, no more looking out into their garden at the sh1t tip they make it, no more listening to the dads explosive rages at his wife and kids, no more listening to the kids swearing...yay.

Just wait and see what the next tenants are like...going on form, we're not holding our breath :laugh:
But for now, some small celebration...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A thouroughly grey and cold day (it only just struggled into double digit °C by mid afternoon) looks to be ending as it started - with more rain.
Despite this I had quite a nice & relaxed ride out earlier on to pick up the bug & weed sprays plus some food on the way home. After a shower I plonked myself into the armchair and haven't really moved since apart from making something for tea.

The next few days are looking to be quite busy - Sunday I'm off to a probably damp & freezing cold Silverstone for the British GT 3hr race, Tuesday I'm taking mum to Bluewater to meet up with her niece (something to do with the will after her sister's death last year) and then Wednesday I'm off to Manchester to see a band, travelling back on Thursday.

gbb

Legendary Member
Just been up Tesco, wife really fancied some chocolate plus we needed bread and milk, a prime time I thought for some yellow sticker bargains. Apparently not :sad:

Just been up Tesco, wife really fancied some chocolate plus we needed bread and milk, a prime time I thought for some yellow sticker bargains. Apparently not :sad:

It usually depends on the store and the manager, but final reductions tend to be done early evening. Unless you're there when they do them, or if they've got a job lot of stuff that wants shifting, anything* with a yellow sticker on tends to disappear pretty quickly.

* except for the vegan / gluten free stuff

Does remind me of an incident a while ago on the ferry home. We ordered fish and chips then went to a table but the meal never arrived. When I went to enquire it transpired that when the steward was looking for us an American couple who had ordered nothing had claimed our meal and said they thought it was included in the ticket when challenged later.
Aye right.

Well here let me buy ya beer to help cheer ya up
IMG_8780.jpeg

Top Bottom