Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Very wet morning here.

I've discovered a hole in my sock and I just thought "darn it!"

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Change in wind direction from northerly to southerly so the temperature has risen by a few degrees but heavy rain is forecast tho' it has not yet arrived.
Heating has been partially turned off but may be back on again if I get too cold.
Nothing planned today and not going down to see the carnage in the car park as many will not have left yet and there is a producers market on today as well.
The music festival has been going for a few years but the emphasis changes depending on the organisers interests.
Many are not from here and ignore tradition which can be a good thing. Trouble is some want to change the town from a fairly typical small West Highland town to a seaside resort which it can never be but that does not stop them coming here and trying to change the place to be like wherever it was they came from.

The sun is currently shining but I doubt it will last long.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a dry and mostly sunny Suffolk. It's a bit breezy, but at least the clouds are going from left to right which means a warm wind, not the chilly wind which blows the clouds from right to left.

Once I finally get going, I'll have to retrieve the recycling bin if it's been emptied and then get some milk as I've only just got enough to make the Weetabix slightly damp.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's weather puts me in the mood for going out for a bike ride followed by a pub lunch & train home, but end of the month finances don't allow it. Do I move money back from the savings account and replace it when I get 'paid' on Wednesday, or shall I just be good - especially with being away for a couple of days this week?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Now raining seriously. First real rain we have had for ages as the wind has swung round to the wet SW.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I wrote a post on here about taking cuttings and putting them in the same pot as the original plant. This seems to work, and there are no fiddley labels and tiny pots deal with.

I am going to try this with some seeds. There are about three Verbascum Olympicum (grows to over six feet in height) in the garden, from which I have saved seeds. If I clear a small area next to a mature plant, the seeds might grow. This is based on a guess that the soil, and light conditions are right for the plant.

Top Bottom