Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm back from Grantchester.. 22 miles there, on the Brommie, then a 5 mile walk ending uo the the Red Lion via The Orchard Tearooms.
Bus home from Trumpington park & ride to St Ives park & ride along the Guided Busway.

DSC_4475.JPG

Lovely supper of a jacket potato with veggie chilli, cheese and soured cream. :hungry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Today's weather puts me in the mood for going out for a bike ride followed by a pub lunch & train home, but end of the month finances don't allow it. Do I move money back from the savings account and replace it when I get 'paid' on Wednesday, or shall I just be good - especially with being away for a couple of days this week?
I decided to be good and save my money. When I went to retrieve the recycling bin I had a look at the state of the front border and decided that it really needed sorting out. So, after shopping and a quick 25 miles in the sunshine, instead of the pub lunch I had a slice of toast and a mug of coffee and got on with the weeding.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There was a two and a half hour delay in getting the racing going, and lots of hiccups due to the run-off areas being waterlogged and then some.

A friend is the Chief Marshal at Donington, and she said it was a right challenge to get stuff straightened out.
I had a read around when I got home yesterday and saw some of the comments - what do people expect when the ground's already waterlogged and then you get nearly 2cm of rain on top of that? I was at the '93 European GP held there in similar conditions and there's not a lot that the various owners have been able to do over the years due to the layout of the circuit and the area.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm back from Grantchester.. 22 miles there, on the Brommie, then a 5 mile walk ending uo the the Red Lion via The Orchard Tearooms.
Bus home from Trumpington park & ride to St Ives park & ride along the Guided Busway.

View attachment 729128

I know you asked elsewhere yesterday, but as you went there today is the section around the Fen Drayton lakes rideable, or is it still underwater as it was back in February? If the good weather holds I may be up there in early May.

I had a read around when I got home yesterday and saw some of the comments - what do people expect when the ground's already waterlogged and then you get nearly 2cm of rain on top of that? I was at the '93 European GP held there in similar conditions and there's not a lot that the various owners have been able to do over the years due to the layout of the circuit and the area.

Indeed. Sometimes you just gotta hang in there.

I remember the second round of the '89 F3 championship was canned due to flooding. They tried running the F3 cars, but the cars were aquaplaning as soon as they got out of the pits. In that case, the meeting was actually abandoned.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I know you asked elsewhere yesterday, but as you went there today is the section around the Fen Drayton lakes rideable, or is it still underwater as it was back in February? If the good weather holds I may be up there in early May.

I dropped down to Fenstanton then back up to the Busway near Fen Drayton. There was a bit of flooding by F D Lakes but quite rideable. The rest of the route to Cambridge is OK.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
How long is their footpath!

About 20 ft

Top Bottom