Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Dentist done

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Pouring rain and I have just been down to the local Calmac office. Chaos reigns and people are parking anywhere they can squeeze in at the MacBrayne pier with delivery vans causing blockages as well.
The only thing I could get is a single to Oban tomorrow which means leaving home at 0730 and getting back via Lochaline.
The published timetable is not the one in actual use which causes some confusion. I have given up trying to work out times now as nothing makes sense any more.
Twenty one miles out and eighty five back home sometime depending on Corran ferry as well as the Lochaline one. I will certainly have an overnight bag with me just in case of problems as well as starting with a full tank of diesel to save time at a mainland filling station. It does cost more but that is one of the penalties of living where I do.
There was somebody at the ticket office who had a medical appointment in Oban but was unable to get an appropriate booking. They had to go as afoot passenger but not at convenient times.

Just noticed a tractor going past towing a large static type caravan and heading towards the town centre. No idea where it could be going but it will certainly cause traffic problems even if it diverts on to a bus route.
Oh joy.

I need help!
I know I am beyond help!
We were looking at phone . I am a ludfite/ Neanderthal when it comes to them. I have forever been put off by the experience with Nokia and Whoarewe! I mainly used my phone for emergencies. I will be getting some hearing aids soon and my wife says that I will need android not connect to them! :wacko: I don't like the modern phones which are the size of house bricks! I like things to be portable! I quite like the look of the old I phones.
What would you suggest ?

classic33

Leg End Member
I need help!
I know I am beyond help!
We were looking at phone . I am a ludfite/ Neanderthal when it comes to them. I have forever been put off by the experience with Nokia and Whoarewe! I mainly used my phone for emergencies. I will be getting some hearing aids soon and my wife says that I will need android not connect to them! :wacko: I don't like the modern phones which are the size of house bricks! I like things to be portable! I quite like the look of the old I phones.
What would you suggest ?
Go for one of the new old Nokia's.

tom73

Guru
I need help!
I know I am beyond help!
What would you suggest ?

Older iPhone is worth a look plenty around and trend to be more looks after than most. iPhone SE is the smallest if you don't want a bigger one. 2rd gen are still supported and like most things Apple the iOS is pretty easy to get use to.

My tent is erected in the garden and my sleeping bag is airing on the whirlygig in preparation for a few days camping weekend after next.
They did smell a bit atticy, I must admit!

I have often taken our tents to a commercial laundromat where they have the big machines & washed them. I think I remember running them thru the large dryers, on low, for a short while

It's a warm, blustery and mostly sunny day here chez Casa Reynard, but there is cloud rolling in with the possibility of showers.

I slept well but still feel a bit under the weather. At least the lady issues have cleared off for another month. I have spent the morning doing chores that included a load of laundry and triaging the five nets of YS tangerines I bought last week. The downside of buying fruit & veg on YS is that it gets chucked about, and before you know it, a small bruise can lead to something developing language skills. Fortunately I only had to throw away two tangerines. The ones with damaged peels have been divested of said peels and popped into a tupperware in the fridge.

had a lovely luncheon of two slices of toast, one with Polish sausage, one with smoked cheddar, plus an apple, a couple of the aforementioned tangerines and two :cuppa:

I am now watching the snooker. Ronnie O'Sullivan isn't on song this afternoon, and he's 3-1 down to Stuart Bingham at the mid-session interval. Whoops!

Top Bottom