Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I have often taken our tents to a commercial laundromat where they have the big machines & washed them. I think I remember running them thru the large dryers, on low, for a short while
Took an 11 man Icelandic tent to a local laundry years ago. Made sure all the guy lines were on the inside of the tent, before it went in the machine.
Cost about £10 which included the box of washing powder required.
Carrying it home wet were fun though.

Comestibles taken out of the freezer for this evening.

Now back to watching the snooker.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have often taken our tents to a commercial laundromat where they have the big machines & washed them. I think I remember running them thru the large dryers, on low, for a short while

Mine is a one-man tent so, if necessary, will fit in our home washing machine. I re-proofed it last year so it should be fine until next year I reckon. If it gets mucky in the Peak District I'll do it again before the late summer expedition.

tom73

Guru
It's nice sunny afternoon be it a bit windy , once back form the dog walk I called into town to had in our postal votes. Having 1st had to fill in a form declaring i'm not an election agent. I doubt our vote will change much as most are still red leader for ever. But it will help someone who as secretary when I was chair on the community partnership. I know well to get her deposit back, the current clown is not worth my time. When I made a polite request about cycle lanes in covid and pointed out that current council. View of cycling in general is poor. He just called me a bigot.

Time to feed the cat, and then it will be time to feed me.

tom73

Guru
When out with Charle we found a dinosaur ......

IMG_4782.jpg

Comestibles taken out of the freezer for this evening.

Now back to watching the snooker.
:okay:
wow, had to look that one up!
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/comestible

Did you expect comestible to be a noun meaning "food"? You're probably not alone. As it happens, comestible is used both as an adjective and a noun. The adjective is by far the older of the two; it has been part of English since at least the 1400s. In fact, one of its earliest known uses was in a text printed in 1483 by William Caxton, the man who established England's first printing press. The noun (which is most often used in the plural form comestibles) dates to the late 1700s.

Top Bottom