Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Black general waste bin is kerbside ready for the mothership

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Got a terrible shock as the passenger lift has a full length mirror on the back wall. I was first in and there was this ancient, decrepit figure shuffling towards me. Yikes no wonder people keep offering me assistance. I must make an effort to look a bit more lively.

Mirrors in lifts are evil. But luckily they usually let you out and you go back to looking your actual age. I've taken to using the mirrors in our lifts to locate odd hairs that have escaped the trimmer because the backlighting is surgically designed to make them stand out.

Tesco has been Tescoed. Picked up two packs of ISB tiger rolls and a box with two beer-battered haddock fillets on YS. Took advantage of a "spend £60 and get £9 off" voucher to stock up on cleaning products, toiletries and cat food.

Ran out of time to go for petrol, so I shall do that tomorrow while I pop out to vote. I will also drop off the soft plastics as I forgot them this afternoon.

Veggie chilli & rice for supper this evening.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't. Some old bastard keeps looking back at me.......
Ignore him.

tyred

Legendary Member
It's been a wonderful day in terms of weather and I got all my washing dried. I really need to replace my washing line I think before it breaks again. I think I need to do something to support it in the middle.

Dad still has the stomach issues and ended up with Mum taking him back to hospital as the nurse who came around wasn't happy with him. He's picked up some sort of bug in the hospital and has been given antibiotics and some sort of powders and sent home again. Hopefully he gets better soon.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I love the Euston Tap, always add a bit of extra time when travelling up to / down from Scotland 😎

I wasn't going to stop there, but there's only so much time you can spend looking at departure boards on the concourse.

Anyhow, another good night listening to a band I only came across recently (Bar Italia) and it was well worth the day out. Now having a hot chocolate in the hotel room before a final 🍺 and then bed. With all the walking I've done today, I think I've earned it.

Top Bottom